65 years on, 'The Shelter' remains The Twilight Zone's most terrifying episode
On a similar note, this one scared the shit out of me as a kid youtube.com/shorts/hMEeH...
I can understand your reaction...
The Uninvited. 1944. Starring Ray Milland. Classic ghost story. Filmed before I was born but saw it as a kid on a late night classic horror program - Fantastic Features on WHBQ in Memphis. Even today catching a whiff of mimosa scent will give me the shivers.
For scary media month, people name the first film, show or game that frightened them. Without a doubt
Oh yes, this and The Outer Limits
The Birds. On black and white tv thankfully so couldn't see bloody eyes poked out, lol
This scared the fuck out of me. The creepy music and sound editing.
Pinocchio. I was 4 years old. Absolutely terrified.
The humorous, with the wonderful Bob Hope, Cat And The Canary - as a young kid still scared the heck out of me!
The Fly, original B&W version. Saw the last half-hour just before bed when I was about 8. Had to sleep with Mom.
I regularly watched Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents, plus a bunch of scary-ish old movies, with my mom at this same age with no problem at all so I think we can say that the thing I don’t like is costumes
Those flying monkeys from "The Wizard of Oz" were nightmarish. When I was a kid, there used to be a record store in the Atlanta area called "OZ". They had flying monkeys on a conveyor belt along the ceiling, and they would fly them across the store to send items to the front, traumatizing me at 5.
Watched Seventh Seal on PBS when I was way too young to understand what i was watching. That chess scene scarred me for life, and, paradoxically, in love with Bergman films.
The Birds had my sister and I afraid to go outside for MONTHS.
in honor of scary media month: what is the first piece(s) of media you remember truly frightening you as a child ? idr which I saw first,, but these were all so scary for small Fenn, I should NOT hv been watching these when I was in single digits..
in honor of scary media month: what is the first piece(s) of media you remember truly frightening you as a child ? these r the ones off the top of my head 🙂↕️🙂↕️🙂↕️
in honor of scary media month: what is the first piece(s) of media you remember truly frightening you as a child ? Ill never forget when my parents were watching it and i ran to the kitchen bc i was so scared (>0<;)
in honor of scary media month: what is the first piece(s) of media you remember truly frightening you as a child? there i was this hello kitty/sanrio episode i saw as a kid that was hansel and gretel and it scared me so bad... i haven't seen sanrio since then
#Cinemon Monday night at 10E, we kick off the spooky season with a brand new intro reel! Don't peek before showtime! Then, it's something for the kiddies with classic Halloween commercials and two spooky Monsters and 80s Twilight Zone tales about children who discover creatures in their midst.
It's almost time, kiddies. The clock is ticking. 90 minutes away from the premiere of a new spooky season intro that brings all the monster goodness of #Cinemon, #GHWP and #SpaceApeCinema together again for the first time in 8 years, and it features my favorite song from a favorite artist. Join us.
@kinetograph.bsky.social @silentbeauties.bsky.social @footenotes.bsky.social @only-si-chuck.bsky.social @janinefrompgh.bsky.social @pmoll.bsky.social @lilylilydoe.bsky.social @ghostmullet.bsky.social @davethesplatter.bsky.social @caramind93.bsky.social @missbitterblue.bsky.social #CineMon
@suzygeiger.bsky.social @bellesapepper37.bsky.social @foulbayhero.bsky.social @erincheshirecat.bsky.social @djloriee.bsky.social @adnerbia.bsky.social #CineMon