Lanterns Season 1 finale reveals Hal Jordan's killer
Now that Lanterns has pulled "Game of Thrones finale" level viewership every week, are the powers that be finally ready to admit that black superheroes deserve the spotlight?
Good actors and great writing is all that is needed. Lanterns gave us both. I would say the Watchmen tv series was superb too
Mr. Terrific was great in Superman. I hope we get more of him in the DCU.
The world is ready for a Static Shock live action show.
Cynically, I worry it only works the other way. A Lanterns or Sinners doesn’t move the needle much, but god help us if You, Me and Tuscany takes a loss.
I dream of an adult Static Shock and Bayman Beyond team up dealing with a post-Justice League threat. I don't need origin stories. They can just be.
I love Static. I would die for him!!!
Lanterns was one of the best seasons of “superhero” TV we’ve ever seen. Completely enthralled from start to finish.
LANTERNS finale: This show started strong and I love the chemistry between Chandler and Pierre but otherwise, this has sadly been a slog for me. Virtually every “reveal” in the show has come out of nowhere with no buildup (making every mystery totally unsatisfying)…
…and the show has been the definition of showing not telling (despite having copious flashbacks). It just tried to do too much with not enough time/budget. The finale was no different. The way it tries to make us invested in [character’s] arc is a complete non-starter. Huge bummer.
I dunno, I thought it was incredible TV. More Lanterns for meeeee
This show was carried by the chemistry of the leads. Outside of who shot Hal I didn’t care about any other mystery.
Thought the Lanterns finale was a frustrating look at what the season could have been. Pierre and Chandler are dynamos, almost fully selling the idea that the show was about something I’m not fully convinced it was really about
Said fully twice time for more coffee
I feel like the central plot was ultimately almost completely non-functional? Pierre/Chandler and their relationship is great, but almost everything around them feels hastily sketched at best? I could never find a good reason why the show wanted me to care about Rushville, tbh
I was hoping 8 would make up for the wayward-ness of 6 and 7 but ... nope
Lanterns Finale -spoilers Review 1: short Review 2: longer more detailed Overall: The series delivered excellent world building, character arcs, writing, directing, & especially acting. The next DCU projects will benefit from this show’s excellence
Lanterns Finale -spoilers Review 1: short Review 2: longer more detailed Overall: The series delivered excellent world building, character arcs, writing, directing, & especially acting. The next DCU projects will benefit from this show’s excellence
I am a huge momma’s boy so this series meant something to me as a man shaped by my family’s desire for me to find what I consider success. There are no perfect parents bc children do not come with manuals. We can however love each other. Its all we really can do
This project had some top tier character development. It’s really good.
Really enjoyed the finale and the whole series overall. I liked how even though it's a superhero show, it was very grounded. Also love Fillion as Guy Gardner.
Such an emotional and character driven finale