Bungie to restore Destiny 2 vaulted content, including the Red War campaign
My thoughts on the Destiny 2 news. I've been VERY critical of Bungie's mismanagement, angry about the layoffs, sad to see a great game so compromised and frustrated by their community becoming so hostile. I really, REALLY hope this works out and they can turn it around. Rebuild what was lost.
Also it's galling that so many Bungie fans told me that even with 600+ staff, Bungie just didn't have the manpower to restore the cut content. It was too big of a task. Impossible. Totally unfiesable. And now after they lose like 80% of their people, they're doing it.
I can tell I'm just angrier as a person now because I know I am somewhat curious of seeing anything I paid for of Destiny 2 come back, but emotionally I'm thinking "After claiming in court they lost it? They can continue to fuck off." More power to the actual developers bearing the curse
You bet your ass I'm celebrating because it's a massive step in the right direction and something that we've been asking for, for YEARS. I only played a bit of red war and missed out on everything before Beyond Light and if Destiny has a future you bet your ass im excited.
Does it mean I completely forgive them? No. But I am at least paying attention and willing to see where this goes. If it means I can play old content again and there is def a chance to see more expansions D3 shit im down. Also marathon is fun. Both games deserve to grow together.
If this is a "massive step in the right direction" then here is some entertainment you might enjoy
The classic Bungie cycle. They do something stupid that no one asks for, and then people ask them to undo it, and then suddenly everyone is like "THEY LISTEN SO MUCH TO US." Like, you are cheering them for doing less than the bare minimum here.
"ik they laid off and abused hundreds of workers but i got mine yayyy"
yeah idk it doesn't really mean a whole lot unless there are some serious changes to studio management. if the same bozos that got them here (numerous times) are in charge then what good is it
I'm both really happy for myself, selfishly, with the destiny 2 news, but I'm also still so disappointed that it had to happen this way. There's like 500 people that Bungie should rehire if they're going to actually make more Destiny.
bad news they're spending 500 ppls salaries on tokens instead
While I understand how we got to this point with D2, I also don't really understand why studio leadership lost their minds and got that greedy that they would come near to destroying something special made by talented people. Happy to see unvaulting but such a roundabout journey.
Didn't Destiny 2 announce that it was dead as fuck 2 months ago? Has there ever been a more panicked turnaround?
Oh hoho no, we said Destiny, too, is no longer in development.
Marathons playercount went from 30k to 2k in that time
Uldren Sov also was considered dead, and yet here we are
We know from Paul Tassi that player outcry and engagement from the last update were factors, add the likely devs who still wanted to make Destiny and Sony’s absolutely embarrassing GaaS initiative, it seemed like a very easy W for Sony to take in this PR nightmare year. Of course this is speculation
• Bungie gets sued last year by author claiming his story was nicked • Bungie says it can't present the content being challenged because it's 'vaulted' • Bungie ends Destiny 2 and lets hundreds of staff go • Players lose faith • Bungie says "okay, we'll unvault stuff"
guys come back. there's new eververse ghost skins. please
They’re also being challenged on their ability to unvault by a couple of community projects that sprung up in the last couple weeks
They'll steal the work then want the author dead because they can't steal it in peace.
I believe the author. Large companies steal from smaller companies all the time and they do it because they are used to getting away with it.
A studio that is the entire embodiment of "just trust me bro". They're asking for a lot of faith that they haven't been earning in a long time.