Final Fantasy fandom thread as FFXIV and Revelation news circulate
The first major Farplane moment in Final Fantasy X is solidifying to me that my initial playthrough when I was 13 was really the wrong time / wrong mindset for me to experience this game. I’m afraid it’s got its hooks in me now.
I don’t think I was really in the right headspace to play a game about abandonment, abuse and reckoning with mortality. I just wanted “cool” shit to play like Front Mission 3. I still have issues with it, but it’s winning me over.
Definitely hammered my feelings about faith and a greater concept of god into place for me. Yuna is very tragic and anyone who trashes the sequel never had a friend who got free of a religious family and discovered themself.
it sucks that this game’s impression to people is “lol cringe JRPG ahawhawhaw” when moments like this sit at the core of the story.
FFX hits much harder today with its themes of religion.
Used to play this game once a year back in the day. Probably my favorite in the franchise by a decent stretch. ⚔️
This makes me think I should try Spec Ops the Line again. It was the first game I got with my own money as a lad and I absolutely hated it because it felt unnecessarily mean to me as a player and all the comentary flew straight above my head (it was also my first military shooter).
LMFAO THE PAXAUS FFXIV PANEL IS A HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE? 🤣
"The Bowl of Embers (Extreme)" is going to be the new name of the bathroom at the end of the panel. 😭
A realm reburned, bruuuuh 😂
PLEASE IS THIS GOING TO BE STREAMED??
Damn it they should have brought Soken
Please tell me you're going to this?
I wanna know how the panel and meet and greet work 😭 will i have to fight to get in!