Silent Hill: Townfall arrives this week for PS5 and PC
Silent Hill: Townfall | Reviews 9 - PSLS 9 - Slant 9 - GameSpew 9 - GamesRadar 9 - Dualshockers 9 - GAMINGbible 8 - IGN 8 - PSU 8 - Digitec 8 - PSX Brasil 8 - Gamespot 8 - TechRaptor 8 - MonsterVine 7 - Retcon 7 - GameGrin 7 - Screen Rant 7 - Push Square 6 - VGC 6 - DayOne MC: 82 OC: 81
Really liking this resurgence of Silent Hill and it's been doing well so far.
Had no idea this was out soon. Solid scores.
Solid scoring, excited to pick this one up just in time for Halloween month 😎
I'm only buying it if the in-game health items are all deep fried.
I was always a bit iffy about Konami hiring external studios for their mainline franchises. Especially during the Silent Hill Homecoming timeline. But these new projects seem to pay off. Another good Silent Hill game? Konami is climbing back up.
capital S in GameSpot plz bby 🥲
Wild times to be getting a great Silent Hill game for the third year in a row. This hasn't happened since the original three games 20+ years ago - and those weren't even annual!
you know, it’s fascinating how the guy who wrote Pikmin 1 and 2 and directed Wii Play successfully spearheaded a revival of the entire Silent Hill brand
Silent Hill is back Resident Evil is back Horror movies are kicking ass What a time to be a lil freak!!!
That we have had (counts in head) FIVE Silent Hill projects in the past 3ish years and THREE of them are good to GREAT is nothing short of a video game miracle. Sure Ascencion was complete and total ass that felt like the burial of the franchise but thankfully 2, f, and now Townfall are rad as hell.
I'm still stunned at how good f is. It's exactly the kind of game I was hoping for after 3, touching on exactly the metaphysics I'd wished they'd gotten into more in the original run. The closest I ever got was its spiritual successor, Forbidden Siren. Like I'm still blown away that it exists.
Thankfully nobody has had the stupid idea to make another movie. Imagine if they did?
All we need now is a Zach Cregger Silent Hill movie
Is this how resident evil fans felt around re 7?
The crazy thing is that this was apparently all just to promote that shitty-ass movie
im so glad i got into silent hill when i did tbh cus i dont think i can develop a special interest in another dead konami IP bruh.......looks at bloody roar
WE DID IT.. IT'S DONE.. 😮💨 I think I've finagled at this enough, here take some Silent Hill: Townfall Shinris (bro's gotta get his free therapy). Multiple versions at larger size (including red, glitched, and Pieced Up Puniko) in the linked below! 📻🏹🎏✨ #art #JosuijiArt
drive.google.com/drive/folder... the Silent Hill Wiwis....
ok extremely cool how you worked the glitched effect almost like a background texture 👀
wooow looks very good! :o
Pewniko having zero trigger discipline gets me LMAOOO
OMGGG how much longer did you work on this? it came out so well!!
Silent Hill's stellar revival continues as new developer Screen Burn melds stealth, meticulous world design, and a dash of social realism for a different sort of survival horror. Here's our Silent Hill: Townfall review: www.eurogamer.net/silent-hill-...
Exciting! I will be streaming Townfall later in the week!
I had planned to just catch up on games in release order, but I think this one is gonna be a priority for me after I finish Black Flag Resynced I'm just too excited for it! The 4 games i planned to play before it will just have to wait a little longer 😌
the absolutely insane comeback of the silent hill series is one of the few legitimately great things happening in games right now
Silent Hill: Townfall is good — very good, in fact. Especially the sequence in a municipal-style high rise building which plays like a slow-burn, Ballardian take on The Raid. It's a game less of psychosexual terror than psychosocial dread: I was hooked. www.theguardian.com/games/2026/s...
I've been struggling with Townfall, but seeing positive reviews from folks like Lewis make me want to persevere.
Resident Evil Requiem was great, Crimson Desert is one of the best RPGs, Replaced is stunning, new James Bond rocks, Black Flag Resynced was aces, Blood of Dawnwalker and Onimusha are stellar: now Control is great & the new Silent Hill is very good too? We're eating good this year
Silent Hill Fife getting solid reviews is nice to see. The horrors of the east coast truly resonate across the globe.
If Screen Burn gets a sequel greenlit I have a few suggestions: Silent Hill Aberdeen - still foggy, still near the sea, easy colour palette decisions (everything is great) Silent Hill Ayrshire - we're in the hills now troops Silent Hill Larkhall - incredible scope for creature design
Most american reviewers will still assert that its set in england anyway
So! I don't have a review of Silent Hill: Townfall, but I have finished it! Even if it doesn't take place IN Silent Hill proper, it's probably my favourite Silent Hill game, second only to SH2/SH2R. It does everything right. Frightened the shit out of me, made me cry, kept me absolutely hooked.
I think it's a little long – I think that about a lot of horror games, tho – and some of the stealth sequences are a complete ballache, but I never, not for a moment, stopped waiting to know every detail of what the fuck had happened. Gripped me from beginning to end. If scoring it, i'd give 9/10.
How jump scary is it? I’m not great with them… but you’ve got me interested.
Shame you didn't review it, I would have loved to read that one, but your colleague did a good job anyway.
Given how much I liked Silent Hill f, a slightly wonky game with a phenomenal story, this has me rather excited!