Marvel’s Wolverine earns mixed reviews, Metacritic near 77
"Demand more from your popcorn!" @jacobgeller.com unleashes his thoughts on Marvel's Wolverine on the new episode of The MinnMax Show. youtu.be/EyHLKa0UPSY
Oh wow, "Demand more from your popcorn" is such a perfect distillation of so much of how I feel about media/culture/everything, right now.
God damn I am here for Jacob's energy on this episode
...tbh it reminds me of the marvel's avengers game. too much.
very expensive popcorn I guess xd
Oh i deeply relate to this feeling - discounting the design and flaws of a game because "you had fun" is frankly childish but its also... you can have fun with a fucking stick. it means nothing. its an empty statement. And excuses bad games that cost a shit ton to make. Like he said, demand more.
This the type of shit I'm on. If I buy a $15 game and it's just "Fun" that's fine. If I buy an $80 game and it's just "Fun" I'm gonna feel like I wasted my money.
Marvel's Wolverine is a rare swing and a miss for Insomniac. Some good bones, but it ultimately feels like a team trying to engineer a God of War game with a different IP. It borders on PlayStation self-parody in its weakest moments. My review. www.polygon.com/marvels-wolv...
I really think that the problem with having "murder" be your primary verb in video games, while also striving for more mature storytelling, is that you're increasingly boxed in. The instinct becomes to write a story reflecting on your actions, and it's getting very, very old. Angry guy feel sad.
"Some good bones" goddamnit gio
Well of course it’s got good bones, they’re covered in adamantium
Insomniac and Wolverin always felt like an odd fit to me, despite the Spoder-Man games. And I’m frankly always happiest playing an Insomniac game when I have a chicken canon or an acid sprinkler, so I’ve never really been happy they are Sony’s dedicated in-house Marvel machine.
Can’t say I’m surprised. I really like the Spider-man games but the trailer for Wolverine was off putting. And I love Wolverine as a character! I mean, particularly, I love Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, but still!
from the picture I initially thought this was some sort of weaponized basketball game Might have been a better idea
Are you saying that the Wolverine game lacks a certain x-factor
Sony is having a year 😬
"what if the Spider-Man games didn't have the single mechanic that made them fun" did seem like a tough selling point to me
see im one of those rare ppl that jus finds every insomniac game to be a bit meh. i had my eye on this tho as maybe ‘the one™️’ that would finally grab me. now im not so sure. especially as i don’t like the new gow style either.
Giovanni’s review reflects the others I’ve seen. Will save this for a sale next year or if it comes to Plus.
"I as a player never butt up against any friction that encourages me to hold back. What are the consequences of going into a blind rage? It seems like a pretty efficient way to save the day!" This echoes my sentiments on a lot of video game writing and the implied morality behind it.
Bravo à PlayStation qui sort une ÉNIÈME variation de: Vieux mec blanc en colère qui tue des gens par paquets de 12..... "Mer il er trist alor sava" PS complètement au bout du rouleau créativement il leur reste plus rien. Insomniac est capable de biennn mieux, c'est Sony qui voulait ça.
I don’t care it’s Wolverine I’m going to play it
>Pro: people finally waking up to the fact that Sony's been pushing out the exact same type of game since 2013 with The Last of Us >Con: goddamn it I wanted to like this game so bad
Guess I’ll just stick with the Spider-Man games and be glad I nixed my preorder.
'Marvel's Wolverine' Review Thread: VGC 3/5 Eurogamer 3/5 Giant Bomb 2.5/5 But Why Tho? 6/10 Console Creatures 8/10 GameInformer 8.5/10 Retcon 4/5 PushSquare 8/10 IGN 6/10 Gamespot 6/10 OC 80: opencritic.com/game/17842/m... MC 78: www.metacritic.com/game/marvels...
I would love to see the mock reviews and what Sony's expected MC was
I'm watching Skill Up's review right now and he's ABSOLUTELY grilling this game
that's it, sony is nuking insomniac
This will be a good black friday deal for 30€ in 2027.
Appreciate you adding my review for But Why Tho!
Looks like Wolverine isn't too sharp.
Longtemps que j’ai pas vu un jeu solo PlayStation se faire secouer.
Looks like something that will be a cult classic in 15 years. But right now this doesn't look good for Sony...
Con todo el dolor porque a Insomniac la respeto como estudio y va a ser la que acabe pagando los platos rotos, probablemente con consecuencias nefastas, pero me alegro de que estas calificaciones puedan afectar a las ventas del juego y Sony se lleve una hostia más que merecida.
yikes man, this is really unfortunate, again, PS is just flailing this generation and it hurts to watch
i mean... nenhuma surpresa. tudo do marketing dava a entender que era um jogo mais ou menos.
e a pergunta que fica é será se esse é o destino da insomniac? só fazer jogo de boneco marvel?
Honestly this sucks, not because how its being received. But i always felt this such was a weird direction to take for Insomniac. Now they're stuck making these games judging by other rumours ive seen swirling about. Shame.
"The greater structure of Wolverine feels like a patchwork quilt of ideas from other PlayStation games that frequently bump against each other." hey, worked for Prototype
Je savais que j’allais passer mon tour mais là c’est plus clair.
E vamos ser sinceros? As notas 8 ou são por pena ou por ser da Sony mesmo
Wolverine's characterisation is a bright spot in this otherwise underwhelming, old-school romp that reminds us how far action games have come. Our Marvel's Wolverine review: www.eurogamer.net/marvels-wolv...
Was kinda getting the vibe that this was going to be a bit of a three star game from the very repetitive trailers, and yeah...
My Wolverine review here. Big fan of this gentle, sensitive take on Wolverine the character, and likewise the rest of the cast's performances, but otherwise this was a disappointing one for me, lacking the invention or pizzazz that makes other more successful linear action games interesting.
With the first 107 critic reviews lodged, Marvel's Wolverine has a Metascore of [78]. www.metacritic.com/game/marvels... "Wolverine might be the best at what he does, but what he does hasn’t let Insomniac’s developers be the best at what they do." - Tamoor Hussain, GameSpot
agressivamente medíocre era exatamente o que eu estava esperando pra esse jogo
78 is a great score. I'm really excited to play it when I get to it. I'm usually more positive about games than reviews end up being so it's probably more of an 88 when it's my turn to play.