Professor Layton and the Curious Village Remake Announced for Switch 2 and More
I need to remind everyone, especially after their presentation today. Level-5 has been very openly using Generative AI in their game development and are proud of it. This includes their newly announced titles such as New World of Steam, Yo-Kai Watch 2 and Curious Village Remake.
If you buy Level-5 games from here on out, you are actively contributing to Generative AI being deemed acceptable. Either pirate the games or don't play them at all. I know people have attachment to their series, I do too (mainly Inazuma Eleven and Ni No Kuni) but the facts are the facts.
being a fantasy life fan feels like being on the last chopper out of Saigon
I remember being worried about the Layton series when the man who made the puzzles died. Sadly that seems to be the least of my concerns now
Why do they have to break my heart like this with Layton...they've literally worked with the actual Studio Ghibli and they're still humiliating themselves in the Temu Ghibli garbage swimming pool? Their whole rep is "games that aren't that good but have good art and vibes" and they still do this?
They had a little gen ai hino *presenting* the show lol
My level of disappointment at this is definitely above a 5. But execs love this slop shit and fuck what your devs want.
DAAAAAAANG I forgot they were in charge of Yokai Watch 😭 Crossing that one off my list
Like, if you have childhood bonds with the older games, that's ok and fine. But please don't fall for their newer games that is clearly relaying on you being nostalgia blind to support their remakes and old series coming back that's what they want, don't fall for it bsky.app/profile/deco...
Vivid horrible memory of getting 3 hours into Megaton Musashi, really enjoying it despite it just being high res Danball, going to preorder the model kit, and discovering 5 minutes later that everything down to the title screen was AI.
Bom, sempre terei as boas memórias com Layton. Mas é, rest in slop, Level-5
This will hopefully be the last post I make about this in a while. I will be keeping a very close eye for any Ai generated disclosures, or if they don't disclose it, any unusual looking textures. The moment I see either of those things, I'm out.
Also they FUCKING SUCK. Some of you are familiar but I am a Lv.99 Level-5 hater! Those dragon quest games succeed despite them. F* fake ass dev they f* suck. Everything they make is fake as f* vapid and useless and full of false promises. F* level five. f* you level five. bsky.app/profile/deco...
as an Inazuma Eleven fan...
Can't be excited for anything.
This one hurts…but gonna vote with my wallet and avoid this. Remember if every new game ends up using Gen AI then we have a lifetime of old games to play, replay and discover…we don’t need their slop to have fun
I can’t in good conscience buy the new Layton game, which makes me sad I cannot support any game that uses Generative AI - even if it’s series I love.
I know it's been going on with them for a while but it really fucking hurts when the company that used to make Dragon Quest and Ni No Kuni and Snack World and Dark Cloud and Professor Layton...... Outside of Dragon Quest I can't even look forward to some of my favorite games/series
Snack World especially, a game I have been parading around telling people to play for years.....didn't need an update. It's a Switch game. Extra content could have been DLC I shouldn't have to side eye a Snack World trailer youtu.be/lNq9xUyvCXU?...
Oh that's gore of my favorite developer 🫠
I was heartbroken that they made a fantasy life sequel only after they were lost in the sauce
The good news is, Dragon Quest VIII and IX are the only DQ games Level-5 had a hand in. The bad news is, the series creator Yuji Horii is also an AI user
This might be the most shameless use of AI I've ever seen. And that's a pretty damn low bar.
My soul yearns for well designed, quirky puzzles in a wonderfully realized world. I looked at that Layton trailer like Level 5 was dragging his carcass behind their car doing donuts, knowing full well what they're doing to it. I feel your pain, Brian Quest64
Professor Layton and the Curious Village Remake Teaser (2027 for PS5/Switch/Switch 2/Steam) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi2q...
Level 5 has gone all in on AI shit don't buy this
Level 5 has gone SUPER ALL IN on ai slop, avoid them like the plague. This is just disrespectful to Akira Tago's memory.
Now they're AI slopping the past? This is depressing.
“Remake” and the puzzles are still the same, but now only take up 1/3 of the screen lol
oh look, wario64 peddling more AI slop
That’s not the ace attorney crossover. Fix it Level 5 But also I’ll take this
You're better off playing the DS original as intended via a used game store, borrowing it from a friend, or emulation. The mobile port of the game is the best way to go about it, but it's not worth giving Level 5 your money at this point.
Anyway, I’ll just buy the OG and I’ll play it on my DS. I just feel like I can’t trust Level 5 anymore, and it’s so disheartening.
Level 5 will do anything besides denouncing AI and finishing Decapolice
professor layton and the chatgpt village
Even the mobile version knew to keep the charming sprites, what are we doing here
Considering the direction level 5 is going, i bet this one will have every asset AI Generated
Recuerden que a level 5 le pone usar la IAg en sus juegos
Keep an eye on the Steam page, y'all. You know what bed Level-5 sleeps in these days.
It is so sad that at one point this would have been the most hyped this, but sadly Level 5 has tainted any excitement right now.
i have fond memories of doing the whole thing without having to look up any answers but then the literal final puzzle in the story humbled me so fucking badly
I thought the direct was very good! Some of my personal highlights: •Fire Emblem: Fortune’s Weave •Professor Layton and the New World of Steam •Yo-Kai Watch 2 Haunted Domain •Metroid Ravenous •Eternal anima •Romancing saga 3 •Kirby and the World Beyond Nintendo will forever be a source of comfort❤️
Metroid, FE, Zelda and Kirby. We're eating so good.
Just Metroid and Romancing Saga I think for me. Although I’ll definitely get the Resident Evil games, but I try not to count games I’m double dipping on. I was just so impressed with RE9 on the console, I want to get the rest.
Peak list from a peak gamer
Nintendo is definitely winning the console wars imo.
please let Professor Layton rest in peace, I don't want my favorite games becoming AI slop
Habría preferido que dejaran la saga cerrada a estar ahora con la incertidumbre de si la han infectado con slop o no (porque lo más seguro es que sí) 🥀🥀🥀 Layton siempre ha destacado especialmente por su arte, menudo insulto tener un CEO así de verdad :((
Lo mismo digo dios mio ya no se como sentirme en relación a nada. Ayer estaba re contenta con el anuncio de nwos pero ya no siento nada más que rabia.
AH QUE LE HAN HECHO REMAKE AL PRIMERO CON IA me mato adiós
I'm wary of Level-5's current state, but this is something that should have happened a long, long time ago. The original Professor Layton games are all-time greats
I'm just completely wary of level 5 at this point with their prominent AI usage. Like, I would've bought this a decade ago.
I probably won't buy anything from Level-5 now regardless (it's been genuinely heartbreaking for me see one of my favorite devs gleefully sprint down the genAI path), but it's a completely inexplicable bag fumble that they didn't release collections of the Layton trilogies on modern platforms.
I feel like the time and resources would be better spend on a simple collection of the original trilogy
We're about to get the final Ace Attorney game on modern platforms and all Level-5 has managed to do with Layton is remaking the first game. Truly perplexing.