Xbox will publish Hideo Kojima's PHYSINT after PlayStation exit
congratulations to hideo "funded by genocide" kojima on his new publishing deal
i will never see the light of heaven because i hate paper straws with a burning passion but i feel no shame in slinging rocks down a couple layers of hell below me
I swear it's like people have already forgotten that he's gone after blood money from multiple sources *and* is also an AI bro now.
im talking to some friends about this and we're currently working out the likelihood xbox cuts both of his games (or at least the new one) once they realize just how expensive they are
Unlike with the AI flip, I don't think fans (consumers) are going to be so quick/persuasive about this one. Real bummer.
Can someone explain this. Wdym funded by genocide? like i'm genuinely ignorant on this, not trying to defend anything.
We heard what happened with Sony, so we are pleased to announce a new partnership with KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS where you can now purchase Hideo Kojima himself on the Nintendo eShop for a limited time.
do you buy a whole hideo kojima or is it in shares
Man, I’m so hyped to finally collect my Kojima-Man amibo!
Of course he'll never go on sale.
i always wanted one of those!
will your north american eShop release be delayed due to the 1865 Emancipation Proclamation which abolished chattel slavery
You should immediately force him to do a twin snakes remake How dare he think he gets to ever stop making metal gear
This is purely speculation, but Kojima words his post that he "unexpectedly received notice from PlayStation Studios that they would cancel the PHYSINT project", not something like "there were creative differences" or he felt like Xbox would be a better publisher. Sony is just THAT fucking stupid.
I mean considering how he still doesn’t speak about the Konami incident, for him to word it like this means he is done with Sony. What did they do? WHAT IS HAPPENING OVER THERE!?
Bro hopped on the call expecting everything to be happy and normal only for Sony to wanna break up
Saw someone bring up an interesting point that Kojima is being more open about going after Sony than he was even with Konami Whatever happened behind the scenes had to be BAD bad
I'm trying to think who else Kojima would have gone to other than Xbox
Xbox is already working with him on OD, and I'm guessing Sony got PHYSINT due to the transmedia elements, so having film and game production in one house, but Sony changing strategy and relying on largely profit driven activities rather than creative endeavours probably was the driver here.
i assume xbox just saw a free PR win but I hope this is an indicator of them being more customer friendly in future too
Is it because Sony told him that on PlayStation "PHYSINT ISNT PHYSICAL"?
Sony. What, and I cannot stress this enough, the fuck?
Probably. I wouldn’t want to collab with them either if I can’t release my game in a physical format.
Guess we'll just play it on a PC then. Way to self-sabotage, Sony
I'm just one guy, but I am unashamed Kojima fanboy and the only reason I bought a PS5 was to play Death Stranding 2.
Xbox is now publishing Hideo Kojima's PHYSINT game, after Sony wanted to cancel it. It's a surprise announcement that means Xbox is now publishing PHYSINT and OD from Kojima www.theverge.com/games/993205...
the craziest plot twist would be if PlayStation now picked up Blade 🙃
On the one hand I fully support Sony realizing (like Konami did) that giving Kojima a blank check to make games that sell just okay is a bad move. On the other hand, are they at this point just looking for corners of their audience they haven't alienated yet?
Les dije que cancelárais lo "physical", ¡merluzos!
not expected till 2030?!? i could be dead by then!!!
One of the things that gets me about the Physint news is that Xbox is still in the process of laying thousands of people off. 3,200 more people are supposed to get cut through 2027! But you’ve got the money to support a big Kojima project now?
Said this earlier but I'm treating it as cancelled for now. Cause with Xbox as of late and OD sure to not be HUGE
The shitty reality is that Xbox is going to spend as much money as ever; it's just being allocated to fewer "higher hit potential" games.
Xbox needed a PR win, and have been using Kojima to promote their “new focus” or whatever. It makes some degree of sense, even though it sucks. You could also frame this the same way about PlayStation: this company has spent absurd money on cancelled live service games and couldn’t fund Phyisnt?
Nintendo should have gotten it, bring back the GameCube era of uncharacteristic violent exclusives
The serious answer is really boring to give. So instead I'll just say "there's always money in the banana stand."
Letting xbox back in the game. Would this be Sony’s version of the first or second interception from last night?
Kojima said this months ago about physical media after SONY's announcement and now they've cut ties with him. SONY ending collab with Kojima is... kind of insane, right? And now his new game PHYSINT is being published by XBOX and will prob be on PC? Somethin' kinda stinky happened here, folks...
This guy cannot catch a break. I’m glad Microsoft scooped him up but man like…this Sony shit just gets worse and worse every day
Honestly, I was more worried about OD and its status with Microsoft. So this is a complete 180 from what I was expecting.
Makes me glad that I don’t want to get a PS6[unless Nishino and Hulst are sent packing, and the anti-physical/anti-consumer practices are reversed but that’s looking more unlikely as time goes on].
This is my only response to Sony if they complain about us dropping their support.
So is Kojima just getting a pass from everyone on genAI? Did everyone just forget about that? I didn’t, & it’s unforgiveable.
Domino’s put out a funny post saying something along the lines of: “Sony thought his new game was called Physical and decided to drop him”
Hideo Kojima's stealth game Physint, which was supposed to be a PlayStation Studios title, has now moved over to Xbox after Kojima says Sony tried to cancel it. PlayStation has confirmed it "made the difficult decision to step away" from the project. www.videogameschronicle.com/news/hideo-k...
Sony is crashing out of the gaming industry, that can be the only explanation as to why they've made all these ridiculous decisions in last few months.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
Congratulations to Horizon 3, Horizon Kart and We Love Horizon on your impending green light.
Why do I get the feeling this is another "you will be ashamed of your words and deeds situation" where there's something dodgy about this game? That's the only possible reason I can think of for what otherwise seems to be a ridiculous move from Sony. Why was it a "difficult decision" to make?
Playstation is nothing but failed live service games, marvel slop being announced. sony is truly an anti-gamer, anti-consumer corporation that maximises its profits on the same IPs whilst disrespecting the existence of physical media.
Tenho a impressão de que a Microsoft também não vai aguentar a gastança do Kojima.
What in the actual fuck is going on with Sony?
Como pode a Sony ser tão burra, meu deus
You've got to admire PlayStation's commitment to the bit. They're really giving it their all at being the absolute worst console manufacturer.
Sortira sur PC day one, au moins...
my Kojima theory: What if Kojima’s next game requires a disc drive? What if it needs other CDs or BluRays for you to unlock weapons? Sony announces no disc drive at the same time they tell Kojima we can’t fund your game; a game that requires physical media to play. Which is why it’s called PHYSINT
What if he made a game that capitalizes on the physical world, and physical media. Encouraging you to have a library. Oh boy what if
Like a modern day Monster Rancher.
It has to play on the SeriesS too right? they delayed BG3 for months b/c of that right?
He's finally found a way to make the room smell like blood.
Hideo Kojima's Physint now being published by Xbox, as PlayStation severs ties with Kojima Productions and Microsoft steps in to take over www.eurogamer.net/physint-koji...
Playstation going from strenght to strenght🙄
At least they cut him off earlier tha Konami did.
PS5 is my last console from Sony. This enshitificated company doesn’t deserve our support.
Hope you go bust once and for all @playstation.com
Stunning to watch Sony decide to be the wilful idiots and throw away their lead after two decent console generations.
Quietly one of my most anticipated games. What a fumble by Sony
Between this and all the ports coming to Switch 2 that got revealed yesterday, I don’t think there’s going to be any purchases from us for the PS5 now RIP PlayStation you will not be missed
Quick reminder that Sony: 1. Fumbled with Concord and is still making game-as-service titles 2. Don't do shit with Bloodborne 3. Killed the discs, initiating an epic backlash 4. Just lost Kojima 5. Is working on dynamic pricing And they were once the best in the business. What a joke...
@wonggifs.bsky.social @gamedotfilm.bsky.social Lads, have you ever seen someone win the console war by such a huge landslide, despite the live service shift fiasco and lost years, seemingly so desperate to fumble that total victory and destroy all good will? Wtf is going on at Sony.
The name was too close to physical, so Sony had to step away from it
I don't think I've seen a brand destroy themselves more than I have with the PlayStation brand. Again, thank goodness I made the smart move in choosing a PC over a shitty paperweight known as the PS5 anyday.