Capcom says it has a plan for Resident Evil remakes once they 'run out'
Zack Cregger's Resident Evil is far and away the best Resident Evil movie and it's probably also the best video game adaptation of all time. I loved just about everything about the movie, but I'm still wrestling with how I feel about the ending.
As someone who has held the opinion that the Umbrella Corporation is the single dumbest corporate entity in the history of fiction, I found the ending most satisfying. Bryan's journey was beset with bad luck and dipshittery, and even he can run mental circles around Umbrella's higher-ups.
I struggle too. Emotionally it‘s not satisfying because Bryan became our avatar and hero. There‘s no carthasis for the audience because it doesn’t feel tragic - it’s played for laughs. Yet, Cregger never betrayed the audience. He told us what would happen after a bite (the kid in the van).