Castlevania: Belmont’s Curse demo released, progress carries to full game
Castlevania: Belmont's Curse Demo is up: Steam (or enter steam://launch/5000760) buff.ly/j69wZrz US PSN buff.ly/QmUGfme Xbox buff.ly/VkJIdHU US eShop (check console) buff.ly/37ZSGrs "Save data from the demo can be transferred to the full-version of the game"
Between Castlevania and Dragons Dogma and my birthday I am eating this month
Y’all are in for a treat!
Can we talk about how insane it is that we're getting a new 2D Castlevania, a new 2D Metroid, AND a new 2D Mega Man game all within a few months of each other?
Oh shit I gotta try this out tomorrow
watched a bit of someone playing the demo for the new Castlevania and I think the thing that makes it clear that this is more of a modern Metroidvania than an "Igavania" is that the boss actually killed them several times lmao
bosses in your average indie metroidvania will make you learn the specific properties of six attacks coming from a guy who jumps around the entire screen and kills you in 4 hits and then you go back into SotN and it's just some ugly freak standing around and Alucard manhandles him in under a minute
I'm just ass at video games <3 But no I'm super excited, that demo was fire
mf bopped me a few times for sure in his second phase and i really had to slow down which does kinda go against the convention i think 'vanias tend to harbor sometimes of playing them like an absolute speed demon
I like the movement and traversal in the castlevania demo I DONT like that the bosses don't make you take contact damage. Feels wrong. Fine on the standard enemies tho since they can be grappled to with whip movement
If there's one series that should keep contact damage, it's Castlevania, just because THAT'S JUST HOW IT'S BEEN FOR 40 YEARS, it's part of the series identity. ...Lack of contact damage is part of *Dead Cells*' identity, goddammnit Evil Empire.
This is where crow reveals his biggest gamer hot take…i hate contact damage so this sounds great to me lol
Like I can't talk directly about Belmont's Curse because I have not and probably will not play it, but I saw people talking about like "running past enemies" and other people going "Well you do that in Dark Souls" and like... In Dark Souls, and most other 3d games... enemies... can chase you.
That's among it! Honestly while I don't think not having it is intrinsically bad, the general trend away from it I think is a negative. These are platformers, about jumping, and mobile hitboxes are a tool that make players solve problems with the inherent tool of the genre.
Its wild how people see "enemies actually meaningfully blocking your path" as some kind of flaw and not like How games work? Like historically???
Belmont's Curse sure has a demo, huh. That, uh.... that sure is a video game. yeah. that's how i'll put it. that's a video game they'll be charging money for. i uh. yeah that has castlevania in the title.
i dont want to be a negative nancy about it but man that kinda burned me to play lmfao. i dont know if i can finish that demo that just. that doesnt feel like castlevania to me. that feels kinda sluggish and kinda bad. i dont know dawg
can’t have shit in 2026
I have to try it for myself say it ain't so sis 💔