Ted Lasso penultimate episode includes pregnancy reveal and sudden death
The last thing my mom and dad did together was spend a night laughing at their favorite Ted Lasso episodes. Yesterday I had a chance to say that directly to Brendan Hunt, one of the show’s co-creators and the man behind Coach Beard. He insisted I take a photo of him and my mom. Wonderful man.
We met at the Alamo Drafthouse in DTLA, where he had been moderating a Q&A with the cast of Good Sport (2025), a new indie film featuring my girlfriend, Liz. Pretty good movie! She absolutely steals the show. www.imdb.com/title/tt3121...
Was going to say, "your dad looks a lot like the guy from Ted Lasso."
That’s super awesome. I’m really happy for you, I love his work. Believe!
The penultimate ep of Ted Lasso s4 once again saw a strong story about the women's team fighting for real estate with various bad and/or poorly-paced stories involving the legacy characters. My review:
I was referring to this episode, by the way, when I posted this:
My big issue is that, half-hearted as it was, the plot twist that [Spoiler] is the one trying to buy the team felt obvious from the start, and required our leads to act very dumb. (Ebert’s Law of Economy of Characters kept popping up in my mind.)
Yeah the "Ted coaches a women's team" reboot is great and the "also we need to find something for these beloved legacy characters to do" season 4 didn't need to exist
[Spoilers] Apparently, hope *is* the thing that kills you. RIP Mae
I wish this show was funny, Roy Kent is the only consistently funny character It’s like they were given the keys to a premier league show and this is all they came up with
PSA for romance authors and also the Ted Lasso writers room apparently, but if your "accidental/surprise pregnancy" storyline relies on a grown woman never thinking about her own risk of pregnancy while she's regularly having PIV sex, I'm out
your grown MEN characters who are having regular PIV sex should also be thinking about this if they are not assholes. but that is another conversation. right now we are talking about where "girl math" has brought us. I DON'T LIKE IT
I did roll my eyes at her line about going off the pill to help with a skin condition, ironically the pill is supposed to help with that stuff
I’m much more favorably inclined to the “went on antibiotics, side effect killed birth control pills’ effectiveness“ oops storyline as that’s at least a decent real factoid.
as a HCW this plot always makes me feel genuinely insane
Ted Lasso is the apex of a particular type of show that fundamentally defends basic human decency as a worthwhile pursuit. But "apex" implies other members of the category -- so which other shows are of this type? Parks & Rec I'd say is obvious. And I'd locate The Good Place there too. What else?
Star Trek: The Next Generation. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Circuitously; Futurama Wasn’t Brooklyn 99’s whole thing being basically “imagine good cops getting beaten down and rising out of the ashes as good people?”
Some good answers in your responses. I'd add Schitt’s Creek?
Seems to me the question is that besides Michael Schur and Bill Lawrence, who besides them is doing this?