Resident Evil (2026) movie opens, viewers praise its scares and tone
Cregger's Resident Evil is a good example of "Fast Body Horror." In the 80s, a lot of Body Horror was "slow" because in order to execute a special effect, there was one gimmick per shot, so transformation sequences had many cuts and emphasized the mechanics of the gimmick.
Think American Werewolf in London, The Thing, The Fly. You wanted to get the most out of this gimmick you painstakingly constructed so you were incentived to have it move slowly. As a result, I believe the transformation sequences in those movies were far more visceral and uncomfortable.
Good thread, I would say I think this does capture something of the experience of those games as well, I remember playing I think it was RE IV (with the Spanish villagers heads exploding?) and the first time they transform was a very memorable moment.
I literally watched it last night, what a treat
In the Resident Evil universe there would absolutely be monsterfuckers who are *constantly* interfering with all the attempts to stop monstermakers. Every laid off umbrella scientist would have Tumblr fancams and people throwing cash at them
There'd be a whole operation to shut down a secret bioresearch lab and not only was the lab entirely funded by monsterfucker donations, but was tipped before the raid by a 19 year old college student who runs a monsterfucker forum
think of all the jobs created in both making monsters and destroying the monsters! monster insurance, zoos, monster corpse disposal, all the trades working over time to build the monsters factories AND the buildings the monsters destroy. they could sell monsters as a metered utility.
morpheus duvall would 1000% be a toxic influencer
That would make Excella Wesker's biggest donor and winner of "Getting Screwed by Wesker" tier. She just wasn't expecting it would be that way. Also Wesker and Evil Jill's attire was less tactical and more content creator costumes.
damian mccarthy silent hill movie that, similar to the new resident evil, leaves behind familiar story / character elements in favor of a film experience that feels like playing a great Silent Hill game please and thank you
we need to leave James and Pyramid Head behind us. Please.
Roy Lee (Vertigo Entertainment) is producing a new Silent Hill movie (possibly with Davis Films, which done 3 SH movies, and 8 RE movies)
hokum was already so close i kind of need this now
Gonna go see the new Resident Evil movie today. Of course it won't be a TRUE Resident Evil movie without Alice, but I'll make do.
I hope this post causes you the same mental anguish I experience when I see Zoomers reminisce about the glory days of 2016 Call of Duty.
Are the barrels on those shotguns painted on or did bluesky cimpress the image weird?
Also gonna be seeing it today! Side note, something about this picture makes the double barrels look copy + pasted in.
No more coin bullets :(
A friend sent me this yesterday and the idea that some people are genuinely trying to gas up the old movies has been making my brain melt in my skull
So I made it through about 30 minutes of the new Resident Evil game before deciding that no it's not for me. I can't hack it.
I can deal with all sorts of horror shit. But being forced to run very slowly while some unspeakable thing chases me is apparently my limit. I think i better go back to Mario Kart. Everything is OK in the world of Mario Kart.
It’s a lot of fun when it switches to middle-aged Leon
ive avoided horror films for ages because of my unfortunate introduction to them, so I was a little nervous seeing Resident Evil but honestly it wasn't really scary ...so maybe I can handle other horror films too, any recommendations on the milder side for someone who'd like to get a taste?
no "This Family Member is Fucked Up Actually" stuff please
Gremlins 1 is comedy horror (the 2nd one is just comedy) I also really like Trick r Treat but thats more of an anthology movie
I'd say Evil Dead 2 would be a good place to, being a horror film that has a focus on comedy and balancing it incredibly well. You don't even need to watch the first one to follow the story, as they do a very condensed 10-15min version to give people a recap at the start.
If you want REALLY movies that are pretty scary I recommend Sinister, The Changeling from 1980, or Lake Mungo. Those films genuinely scared the shit out of me and I don't get scared easily
I'm not a horror fan but am able to handle the Alien films just fine (saw the first 3 as a kid even) Classic horror movies (e.g. the old Universal monster films) tend to be very tame by today's standards The first Terminator and The Mummy (1999) aren't really horror but have a horror edge to them
Train To Busan's pretty mild because it's action horror. I Am A Hero is too (not action horror but mild)
left 45 mins into resident evil because the ENTIRE AUDIENCE was having conversations with one another. genuinely never seen an audience that terrible in my entire life.
im not the kind of person to go "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" but i think if it wasnt for the fact that there were like 5 or 6 groups of friends all trying to do commentary i may have. but the polite people were outnumbered by the dumbasses
omg i am so thankful it was very tame at my showing. ONE dude made a dumb comment during my showing and got a laugh from the crowd, but nothing after that so I was honestly very happy and even amused at the one dumb comment after the fact
i'm gonna stick with milla for the time being, straight on to the next one in the series. #nowwatching resident evil: apocalypse (2004)
This one is my favorite. It inspired me to put together a UBCS costume for a con years ago.
jared harris is in it, therefore it's every bit as good as chernobyl
Still say these are Millas best movies beside Fifth Element.
Milla is entertainment all by herself. She made this album in the 90s and I was obsessed with it. 🎵♥️
I also watched them all in order recently. Good fun.
omg YESSS this movie is so trash I love watching it with friends and ripping into it