Ray Gunn first trailer unveiled
Brad Bird says he’s happy with the final CG animation of ‘RAY GUNN’, but also thinks Hollywood has turned against 2D animation. “Studios think audiences won’t accept that... I don’t agree that hand-drawn animation isn’t commercial.” Find out more... discussingfilm.net/2026/09/23/b...
I honestly thought this movie was a documentary about the Breakdancer....
Hell yeah we'll watch hand drawn animation. And we'll watch Ray Gunn.
I prefer 2D animation and thinking of all the great cartoons that are 2D and are hugely popular and loved. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Family Guy, etc.
She was entertaining at the Olympics.
Well excuse me but d'uh. A large majority of Japanese animation is hand drawn even today. Last time I checked, anime is ultra popular.
I'm mixed about this. Sam Rockwell is one of the coolest actors ever but Scar Jo is insanely overrated. Also, produced by Ellison's Skydance company so...
Okay but did you HAVE to work with Lasseter for this?!
Ray Gunn was supposedly 2D when Skydance pitched it to Apple but Apple balked at the $150M budget being asked for. It became CG once Netflix signed a deal with Skydance.
Its interesting how the only way Brad Bird seemingly could've gotten this film made was by working with his predator buddy in spite of the negative publicity it caused but even so had to make a number of concessions to his vision. "I want it to be 2-D" "Nope" "I want it PG-13" "Nuh-uh"
I wish we could have seen this get the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or "Titan A.E." treatment where it was 2D, because I think it would have been received well. People adored Avatar Aang! I feel like our industry is actively sabotaging 2D made movies in every way.
I saw the thumbnail for this on YouTube and with the combined animation style, horrible title, and being on Netflix I thought it was AI slop and immediately clicked away lol
I would be excited if this wasn't tied to John Lasseter.
Yeah it would be nice to see more western 2d animated things.
30 years to make a movie that unfortunately looks AI generated, no offense to the artist truly
[Upcoming movie] Brad Bird's Ray Gunn (in select theaters December 4 and on Netflix December 18) "In Metropia, a gigantic city in an alternate future as seen from 1939, private eye Raymond Gunn (Sam Rockwell) is drawn into a case involving aliens, murder and a multimedia star named Venus Nova."
Bird has wanted to make this movie for 30+ years, so it's cool to see it finally happening. And here's a first piece of concept art, ↙️by Eddie Del Rio (Godzilla, Ready Player One, Star Citizen), and another uncredited one↘️:
Love the designs, the cars particularly remind me of 5th element in a good way
Let’s hope it doesn’t suffer the same fate as Tomorrowland
Might need to go see it...
John lassater being involved makes me really hesitate to see this
Is there much break dancing in it?
I was half expecting to see scenes like this.
This movie looks so great and Netflix is doing another quarter-assed theatrical run and then disappearing it into their private movie hell forever. I hate them so much.
The aesthetic is definitely my bullshit, to be sure.
The official trailer for Nathan Fielder and Lance Oppenheim’s ‘YOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING’ has been released. The documentary explores the story of Elizabeth Holmes. In theaters October 16. #YouCanSeeEverything #NathanFielder #ElizabethHolmes
anota ai vai morrer gente por causa desse filme
abençoado seja Nathan Fielder o cara é só pedradas
é isto me acordem apenas quando eu puder ver esse filme pq esperar acordada até lá eu não aguento não
he's always in someone else's bed and I think that's beautiful
so excited to watch this, that lady is off her rocker even nathan looks scared
idk why but i tried to remember the title of this movie the other night and my mind kept trying to output 'YOU CAN SEE WITH YOUR EYES'
Acho que eu nunca tinha ficado tão tenso vendo um trailer assim.
o século XXI nos trouxe muitas coisas ruins mas também nos trouxe séries e filmes sobre mitomaníacos transparentemente incapazes de sustentar suas mentiras então é impossível dizer se foi um século bom ou ruim
O teaser com ela falando pro Nathan que não teria nada a ganhar enganando ele e agora esse trailer mostrando o marido dizendo "ela não teria nada a ganhar me enganando" dando a entender que essa ideia é algo que ela planta na cabeça das pessoas repetidamente
meu deus que pavor quero
I don’t care how badass Ray Gunn looks and that it’s getting the 70mm treatment - I’m not giving my money to the Ellisons
I don’t care if you mention The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and The Iron Giant in the Ray Gunn trailer, I am not supporting John Lasseter and the Ellisons.
I love how evergreen this Dan Vs. meme is.
There is another option however
And as of now, because Ellison is considering to bring Elon Musk to help with the merger and be part of a syndicate of equity investors into Paramount, he'll have their money too. 🥹
Even though it looks good, I’m not giving Ellisons my money
i'm out of the loop of who the Ellisons are, and i'm afraid to ask who they are because it takes a lot for someone to not wanna see a new animated film directed by Brad Bird
Before you guys get excited for Brad Bird's Ray Gunn, I'm just gonna go ahead and drop this photo from an interview he did promoting this movie.
I get that it’s a weird play to try and navigate the fact that the person slopping butter on your bread is a proven sex pest, but at a certain point you got to come to terms that when you’re lie down with those sorts of dogs, fleas also start showing up.
To those that want to see Ray Gunn:
And please know that there's better animated fare in the works that ISN'T made by ppl who pal around w sex pests
dont care about Ray Gunn. Storytelling is not more important than real people who got driven out of the industry by lasseter’s grossness. Also, not a fan of how a totally fictional future setting has more non-human characters than any people of color. Gonna judge hard on my peers excited about it.
We dont need these guys for good media, actually. There’s plenty of it, esp when you look beyond cis het white guys.
I also noticed how white the non-alien characters were and was super disappointed I. The lack of diversity.
I keep getting this confused with the embarrassing racist AU Olympic dancer documentary. 💀
Birds of a feather flock together.
Putting aside Skydance/Lasseter, Ray Gunn looks decent. The human designs feel like Iron Giant put into Incredibles 2’s detailed CG world, which can look odd at times. But the noir story in this futuristic city can be fun. Not fully sold, but I’ll stay open-minded.
I'm willing to give this a shot just because of Brad Bird
Seems kind of decent, I think I'm interested due to the film noir space aesthetic, and I think I've been hearing hype here and there for this for a few years. So I'm curious to see it and hope it's good. And also the Brad Bird aspect has me interested.
I never got Iron Giant vibes from this. It looks like a really ugly old Dreamworks film to me.