Zach Cregger’s Resident Evil earns praise in opening reviews
Zach Cregger should be able to hunt Resident Evil fans for sport
I have had a folder on my PC called 'dumbest man alive" since 2017 and it is a series of images of a thread about Resident Evil and as unnecessary as it is to have kept this folder all these years I think it is an important reminder that RE fans don't deserve rights and never did
that famous bourdain quote: “Once you've seen Resident Evil (2026), you'll never stop wanting to beat Resident Evil fans to death with your bare hands.”
These morons expected the Weapons director to not understand the horror subtleties of Resident Evil.
People don’t like the ending but to me it was the logical conclusion. Also the first few jump scares really got me. And jump scares usually piss me off.
my only complaint about this film is that zach didnt tell the actors to redo the scenes happier, and with their mouth open www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlRN...
I saw Resident Evil last night! This is how to tackle video game adaptations, imo - to emulate the feel, vibe, or themes. If you're looking for a true RE adaptation, this isn't it, but just play the games? This captures the *feel* so well I wanted to go play an RE game.
Just to be clear: I'm a huge horror fan! I'm a huge Resident Evil fan! I've already played everything worth playing, and then some. If you only want to see it because of the RE name attachment, is it worth seeing? It depends what you want out of an adaptation.
I’m itching to see it again already, everyone in our showing was having a brilliant time. Just loved it.
Absolutely loved it. Great setpieces and also hysterical.
Apparently RE finally got a good movie. Might see it. Because Zach Cregger.
Not even an RE fan and yet it ticked me off how bad the past movies messed it up. I figured RE would be the easier games to adapt as a movie. Better late than never apparently. lol
RE finally broke the Bad VG Movie Curse on it
who would of thought that the guy with a Gallon of PCP made a good resident evil movie
Well, this is the very first time I want to see a Resident Evil movie in the theater, thanks to excellent word-of-mouth—even though I played all the games up to RE4! I never felt the urge before, for 30 years lol, and the few movies I’ve seen since were all terrible. 🤭 I waited for this good movie.
It always seemed that they should be the easiest things to adapt properly, like a Fantastic Four movie, but they were all terrible. I know the Anderson films have fans, but yikes.
All the old games are on Steam so I really hope people who see this film but haven’t played the originals can go back and enjoy them for the first time!
I think the first Anderson movie was fine, but the sequels were garbage.
I have a soft spot for the Jovovich/Anderson movies while admitting they're pretty poor overall.
Forget the games or lame movies, the only thing you need to know about Resident Evil, Zach Cregger's follow up to hits Barbarian and Weapons is that it's a brilliant horror film AND action movie that makes Evil Dead Burn or 28 Years Later look like junk. 5 out of 5 film-authority.com/2026/09/19/r...
I don’t see where it’s necessary to make the perfect an enemy of the good but ok
Naa sorry, not for me.
I like how he pre warned folks it wasnt a faithful adaptation of the games
Twenty Eight Days Later was a very scary movie for me but the sequel lost a bit for me. I haven't seen the third one yet.
I'm pretty sure Backrooms, Buddy, and 28 Years Later: The Bone Temple will welcome RE into my Top Horror Movies of 2026 list. ✌🏻
Really looking forward to this now! It sounds like the fresh take it's been begging for was put in the right hands.
Thinking about Zach Cregger’s “Resident Evil”, and how it feels distinctly personal while still being an accessible mainstream franchise film. It feels, for example, very personal to Cregger - conscious or not - that the only thing that seems to *kill* the undead is a fall.
I think this is Cregger’s best film.
Are we talking about a certain "local sexpot"? 🫡
Looking forward to a piece on this! I found it a bit uneven - a great set-up, fantastic lighting and visuals / design, very propulsive in parts. It's an unashamed and bold video game adaptation (and I love games)...but it also felt like a game in ways that I don't want my movies to be.
Okay I have never played a Resident Evil, but I have a Switch 2 and a reasonably good gaming PC, so what is the best place for a beginner to start. The movie really made me want to check out the games!
Hi hi big Resident Evil fan here! :D I’d say either the remake of the original Resident Evil, which you can currently get on either Switch or PC, or the remake of Resident Evil 2, which is on PC right now and will be on Switch 2 later. RE4 is fantastic but those two are most like the movie
The remakes of RE1 and 2 are very good!
The RE2 remake is pretty great
Resident Evil 4 is probably the most accessible since it’s more of a standard action game with horror elements. Resident Evil 2 remake from a few years ago is also excellent. After that, the recent trilogy of VII, Village and Requiem are all super fun.
Haven’t seen the movie yet, but RE2 remake is probably the best “classic” game. Bit scarier, more survival elements. RE4 remake is my favorite, but more action horror. Don’t worry about playing in order, all the stories are bonkers! Lore is there though if you want it.
the best game/most fun is RE4 but the remakes of RE2 and 3 are both excellent as well. the "remaster" of RE1 is an unplayable PS1 game