Stephanie Cole dies aged 84
Also sad to hear that Stephanie Cole has died. A true legend of British comedy acting. I was lucky enough to work with her on an episode of Cabin Pressure (with Alison Steadman as well!) and she was a total pro and delightful backstage. RIP.
Ah, were you Amsterdam ATC from the Gdansk episode? How glorious to have been involved with a group of people firing on all four cylinders.
Reunited with Herc at last
You were the annoying nephew?!?! I never realised that. Kudos! I'd have left you behind too.
Very sad news, she was terrific. All of us in the family love Cabin Pressure and Waiting for God etc.
RIP and very sad. Another strong character from that landscape that is TVs backdrop. An actress of extraordinary breadth, another name from the role call of those who defined the last 50 years.
Oh I loved Cabin Pressure RIP Stephanie
Oh, no! Stephanie Cole was superb in everything she was in, but her performance in Cabin Pressure was just sublime. www.bbc.co.uk/news/article...
Cabin Pressure was her finest hour, I think. She was also gloriously grumpy in "Waiting for God", with Graham Crowden.
Cabin Pressure is probably what I would answer questions on on Mastermind! I would love to be Carolyn when I grow up! So sad to lose Carolyn and Herc in quick succession.
I totally agree, especially in 'Waiting for God'. Perhaps my favourite in 'Cabin Pressure'. I'm glad that she became Carolyn Knapp-Shappey-Shipwright in the end. I imagine that #JohnFinnemore is especially upset today with Hercules and now Carolyn passing. RIP Stephanie Cole and Anthony Head x
A wonderful and talented lady. Sad news.
What a good actor Stephanie Cole was. Odd to think that she was 48 when she started playing Diana Trent in Waiting for God - an old lady living in a retirement home. www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...
Some of us have been playing mid-50s since we were eighteen... It's the lot of the mezzo.
Goodness me - really. That's younger than me! She was fab-u-lous.
Yikes. That's the age I'll be next birthday
As I recall, most of the Golden Girls were basically in their late 20s