Star Trek: Strange New Worlds S4E9 'Once La'an a Time' airs
You know it would’ve made the most recent episode of Strange New Worlds better? A combined attack attacked by the Gorn, the Klingons, and the Romulans, that would’ve made everyone cut the shit and get back to the ship.
Says nothing good about Pike that people could see “him” slamming down beers in the bar and not bat an eyelash. Though in all seriousness it’s really sad and disappointing to see Mount reduced to a cipher.
for anyone hankering for old-style, good trek, recommend... 1. enterprise -- great writing, great characterization, great acting. 2. lower decks -- don't sell it short b/c it's animated. great writing, great delivery, and wonderful (and rapid-fire) visual and verbal call-outs to all ST lore.
I’m done with SNW. The entire season was gimmick after gimmick. We hate watched the finale
I’ve liked a lot of SNW, but this season has been a bit much for me.
Starfleet should invoke General Order 24 on the Elysian Kingdom and Paramount/Skydance should remove this episode from all of its streaming services.
Boy is this séries jumping the shark It went from best to worst at warp speed
I'm sure I don't know what you mean here - there's never been any issues with undercover operations! Except that one. Oh, and that one. And that... #StarTrek
Seán Ferrick, please tell the truth here: You are a Suave Debonair Master, undercover, ahem ahem
Well, they do tend to follow the "shhh, you ain't seen me, right?" method of covert operations.
I would argue that number 9 was a success. It just wasn't who they thought it was 🤣
The only undercover operations that went well for Starfleet were those with Riker and Troi. And Worf and Troi. Troi kind of got around, didn't she?
Let's not forget the disastrous (and not so disastrous -- I'm looking at you Lilith, I mean Lanel) outcome of Riker going undercover in First Contact (the episode, not the film).
"What's a cover?" - The entirety of Starfleet
How GREAT is this?! Thank you so much to @lecreuset.bsky.social for this extra goody! I’m extremely GRATEFUL! 😉😅 #gifted #StarTrek #LeCreuset
I would say it's grate, but I don't want to get too cheesy. 😉
We expect to see some results from all this cookware, Ellie. Perhaps some fabulous desserts. And a care package 😁🖖
It's clever, doesn't seem all that practical for grating, but a fun collectible. I thought the shuttlecraft casserole was the best piece in terms of design and function. Oh, and my Vulcan salute oven mitt arrives tomorrow!
Look, "Once La'An a Time" is a light and harmless trifle, so I don't really have much to say. Except, the solution to La'An's anger issues are to walk through life with less resting bitch face and to get a man?
She just needs a good Doctor.
I mean, sometimes getting laid does help, but the writers must have been high. I do think this episode was fun, and the message that you need to love your whole self is a good message. It's at least a message which most of this season does not.
I should follow that advice. Who says Star Trek's outlived its usefulness? 😅
She just needs to take off her glasses and get a makeover. That'll fix her.
This summary is enough to give me active bitch face 😡
Don’t let anger consume you and get a dog.
Any fans of Netflix' Dark out there? Inspired by the montage in S01E03: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vuP... #StarTrek #NetflixDark #StrangeNewWorlds
Me ha encantado este video con los personajes de Star Trek Strange New Worlds y sus versiones antiguas de Star Trek la serie original. Cuando uno lo ve se da cuenta del excelente trabajo de casting que han hecho.
This is just brilliant! Fantastic work Kris! 👏😁 #StarTrek #Dark
Is Star Trek Strange New Worlds for me? No. But is it good Trek? No. But is it good TV? Also no. But is it fun? Once again no.
I'm very frustrated that almost all of NuTrek is hot garbage, and it has nothing to do with it being "woke"! Star Trek has always been woke ffs, but it has never been badly written generic sci-fi gritty action slop that simultaneously takes itself way too seriously and not enough.
So what are you saying?
OK. I have seen entirely too many complaints about this new season of Strange New Worlds when it is perhaps the most perfect homage to the original series I’ve ever seen Episodes are all over the place? In TOS we saw space gangsters, a salt vampire, aliens stole Spock’s brain …  
There was the ancient Roman planet where they beamed out right before they met an alternate Jesus Christ Time travel with Elizabeth Taylor Space Angels. Space Lincoln Hollow planets. An amnesiac James T Kirk as a pretendian. Spock running amok in Vulcan heat … It was glorious chaos
Everything I need to know, I learned from Star Trek. Notably, even gods can be defeated.
and space gangsters gave us Fizbin, so I am pre-emptively shutting down anyone objecting to that one