Ben Shelton reaches US Open final, will face Alexander Zverev
"Huh, Trinity Rodman has an NWSL match she's scheduled to play in at the same time that her boyfriend Ben Shelton is competing in the U.S. Open Final. That's a tough choice." Yeah, it sure is a tough choice. I wonder where Ben Shelton will choose to be at that time. I wish him the best.
My husband and I used to go to work every day at the same time and I don't remember it ever being a big deal.
It sounds like they both have to go to work. Doesn't seem like a tough choice, unless you think women should just naturally defer.
exactly this!!! the amount of disrespect TRINITY gets is insane and i wish the stupid announcers would seriously STOP mentioning dennis’ name. FFS. she’s clearly said he’s not a part of her life. enough is enough and the SPIRIT in 2nd place in the league is everything as they chase down GOTHAM
Oh my goodness! This happens to me all the time. I’m constantly torn between doing my job or supporting my spouse at their job! Like what do women do? Sophie ain’t got nothing on these choices 😜
This reminds me of YouTube videos of home renovations. Husband and wife working together, and all the comments are--"Wow, what a great husband you have!"
Shelton d. Frances Tiafoe 4-6 6-3 6-3 7-5 at the US Open BEN IS INTO HIS FIRST GRAND SLAM FINAL. He's the first Black American man to reach a US Open singles final in nearly 54 years... since Arthur Ashe in 1972. He's also the first Black American man to reach a Grand Slam singles... 🇺🇸
Arthur looking down tonight proud of both Frances and Ben.
He is the great hope for US tennis. I believe in him more than Fritz after his last year and a half of play. But damn, that his last two matches. So much growth and ability and maturity over the past.
Two talented tennis players and very encouraging for the future of US men's tennis. I'm thrilled to see Shelton advance to the finals, but honestly would have been happy to see Big Foe move on as well. Looking forward to the final match on Sunday 🎾
When are we going to stop identifying our athletes with 'color'?
I’m shedding a Tia for Tiafoe. I find Shelton a bit too college tennis for me and the god-bothering is annoying.
Same would be true of Tiafoe. As far as I can tell Tiafoe would have represented the legacy better. Is Shelton really worthy of Ashe’s legacy? Does he know what he’s playing for?
okay what do we think can Ben Shelton win the whole thing? I want to believe
his shot making the last two matches has that “this is his moment” feel
Zverev is certainly capable of defeating himself
I desperately want to believe, but it's hard for me to get past the "Zverev's won 10 straight sets against him" thing, even if a bunch have been in tiebreakers.
Would love to see him grind Zverev into dust
zverev is a black hole vampire that sucks all energy & life force out of his immediate surroundings. he also has a temper (obvi) and Shelton’s cocky machismo & racket spinning might infuriate zverev to the point he self-immolates. i’m hoping.
This is maybe the easiest semifinal to final seamless rooting interest pivot in the history of competitive sports. Also, the other guy is obviously extremely good but he’s not Alcaraz-Sinner levels of intimidating. It can be done!