The Archers episode spotlights Scrabble scene, broken hip and memory concerns
Oh good oh a broken hip can finish an old person off and I’ve had enough of Carol #TheArchers
At her age, she’s probably going to find the physio after the op absolutely brutal isn’t she? I suppose the rehab teams will be used to dealing with uncooperative intransigent senior citizens, but in the case of Carol I don’t envy them their job #Thearchers
Might be best for everyone. Life is making her very unhappy and she is making her daughter and everyone else unhappy. #TheArchers
Oh my goodness! I was so thinking that! Broken Hip - pneumonia - DNAR listing - 'old person's friend. #TheArchers
I’m remembering the elderly woman in the opposite bed to me when I was in. She’d broken her hip, didn’t know where her husband, who had dementia had been taken and had no money or toiletries. The priest came in and prayed with her but ignored her other needs. #TheArchers
What is the point of these characters? Obnoxious, irritable, boring. We have no emotional investment. Jim, Joy, Jazzer are all available. #TheArchers
A friend is just going through this with a relative. Kept getting exasperated with the forgetfulness but not wanting to face up to the reason. Now there's been an official diagnosis they're coping with it a lot better. #TheArchers
It’s weirdly difficult to accept and recognize when you are close to someone with dementia it’s so gradual and with the frequently accompanied defensive change in personality the anxiety fear and nastiness which Carol is showing you can end up feeling very frustrated or angry with the person.
It must be so emotionally conflicting. As you mention, ‘not wanting to face up to the reason’. That’s grieving for the loved one you’re losing right in front of you. Let alone the practical aspects of managing their deteriorating condition. #TheArchers
We thought MiL was just being awkward. She was known to her GP who met with OH when she started having falls but he never mentioned dementia. Wasn't until she went into care home that the staff told us she had dementia. If only we'd known...