Apple unveils foldable iPhone Duo
Our Duty Free shop has some amazing deals on the new iPhone Duo.
Is that water proof tape?
🤣 If it costs under 8 grand, I'll take it!
Wins the internet for today. I love how the legendary apple designers made the highest look like sticky tape. Rustic
13 seconds and it hasn't broken yet.. That is quality! 🤣🤣🤣
Nice but you forgot to remove all of the protective sheet, there are some pieces left around the middle of the screen
They need to work on that #crease.
I don't know how the price tag for the iPhone Duo sounds elsewhere, but 364800 jpy here is no longer the kind of price that a regular Japanese person would pay for a mobile phone...
Fyi the average monthly income in Japan is around 260000
In the US, the iPhone Duo is comparable in price to the Samsung Fold series. The iPhone Duo is $2000 compared to $1900 for the Z Fold 8 and $2100 for the Z Fold 8 Ultra. Foldable phones aren't phones a regular person buys. These are definitely enthusiast phones.
In the US, it can range between $2000-3200, which is like PC money right there. Heck, even a Mac would sound more reasonable than that. That said, even the iPhone 18 is pretty pricey.
2419€ here, that's in the range of like a decent used car, what i'd consider a normal price for a new flagship phone is like 800-1000€ i think it's aimed at like the ultra-high-end market which doesn't really care about price beyond a certain point and will buy the thing regardless
thats.... insanely expensive for a phone?????? why would anyone buy that
The new iPhone Duo looks very uncomfortable to hold especially if you have small hands. I don’t get appeal of these foldable phones at all, they don’t seem ergonomic and are just a bigger brick to carry around.
Foldable screens are prone to cracking and dead pixel along the fold Coworker had the samsung fold and it failed within a month
I'm not a fan of folding smartphones in general. If the potential for hinge/screen problems wasn't what chased me away from them, it's the bulkiness. I already have quite a bit going on in my EDC (phone, wallet, keys, pocket knife, Zippo). A heavier phone wouldn't be fun to carry around all day.
Whenever I hear foldable phones I think of the old bricks. I want those back. Textile buttons my beloved. So to me it's just, congrats Apple, you heard us say we wanted foldable phones again and didn't understand what we meant.
I don’t like them because I keep thinking how many times can you fold it before that hinge fails