Star Trek Day, 60th anniversary tributes and tie‑ins
Happy 60th Anniversary to Star Trek! Live long and prosper! 🖖🏻
🖖🏼 and a black cat.
Used the “draw” feature to tag the Death Star with the Starfleet insignia. This is howzya start a rumble in a science center. #StarTrekDay
Why is Spock playing that cat like it's a guitar?
I think you mean “pross-purr.”
He has the space banjo that transforms into a cat!
Sheldon and Penny's Christmas gift exchange gets me every time😄
Happy #StarTrekDay! Here's to Star Trek: Lower Decks, the show that turned me from a casual Trek viewer into a full on Trekkie. I love vintage things, so I wanted to make a tribute in the style of retro comics, it's the 60th anniversary after all! #StarTrekLowerDecks #lowerdecks #StarTrek
It's the colored version of my piece in the "Sixty Years Forward" Star Trek community zine. #StarTrekLowerDecks #lowerdecks #BeckettMariner #BradBoimler #DvanaTendi #SamRutherford #T'Lyn #StarTrek
THIS IS SO SWEET 😭 And the rendering is so good, it totally feels like we're just a page away from a Hostess fruit pie ad (or rather a "Billups Hand Pie ad!")
The last bit that added to make me kinda a Trekkie, after Watching it already for over 30 years was somehow "Prodigy" i think.
beautiful drawing, thank you for sharing
Beautiful work on the colourisation!
Oh I still miss Lower Decks! A work friend and I, when we're waxing enthusiastic about something, will chant "Low-Wer Decks!" And then sigh.
On this 60th anniversary of Star Trek, I'm passing the torch to the next great Starfleet captains. In the meantime, DARKer things lie ahead. 🖖🏻
thank you for everything, Heather. you took a chance on us and it was a dream come true. and you made the IDW Trek books everything any Trekkie could’ve hoped for. you’re a fantastic editor and even better person, and I can’t wait to work with you again. 🩷
Man part of me will never get over this but also thank you for everything, friend.
Honestly, its kind of like Babe Ruth calling his shot - you walked in, said you were going to do something incredible...and then DID IT. Admiral, it has been, and will continue to be, a pleasure to play on your team.
Thanks for all you’ve brought to Star Trek! 🖖
Helluva run. Congratulations on your time as captain, boldly going where no Star Trek comic line had gone before. Proud of you!
O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells; Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills.
Star Trek comics simply aren't what they are today without Heather's sharp storytelling instincts and incredible eye for talent. But personally, she gave me a chance in direct market comics when I wasn't really getting those chances yet, and it changed EVERYTHING. 🖖 #IDIC
The work Heather--and the MANY incredible creatives working with her--did revitalizing Star Trek as a presence in comics and a force for bold, confident storytelling that pushed the franchise forward is staggering and one of the most impressive feats in comics publishing of the last decade, IMO.
As Heather’s XO on the last two-plus years of Star Trek comics, I often witnessed people say to her: “Thank you for giving me my shot. It changed my life.” As Captain on this line and others, Heather’s given new creators their opportunity to go to the stars. And that includes myself.
This is like Sisko going to join the Prophets. Heather did an AMAZING job with the Trek comics. She took huge swings and hit grand slams. I’m SO proud to have been a part of her time at the helm, and both as a creator and Trek fan, I owe Heather a humongous debt. Great work, Captain. Thank you. 🖖
2 1/2 years ago Heather changed my life. Because of her I went from lifelong fan to Professional Creator in my all-time favorite franchise. Since then I’ve met & become friends with so many Star Trek fans, creators, & actors. It’s been a wild ride and… 🎵 a long road, gettin from there to here! 🖖💚
A shoutout to the incredible Heather Antos on bringing Star Trek comics into never before reached heights with her tireless work across so many books, bringing in so many new creators, including absolute rookies waiting for a shot like myself, and being an absolute god-tier editor and friend.
I keep saying it but in the last five years IDW have put out some of the best Trek storytelling around. The flagship, Sisko-led Trek series, Voyager Homecoming, LD: Warp Your Own Way, Last Starship, and (I'm sorry) performing the miracle of making an Enterprise-G series something I'm excited for.
Heartfelt gratitude to @heatherantos.bsky.social for shepherding Star Trek comics over the last five years! Thanks for letting me play a part in your corner of the final frontier. 🖖 Can’t wait to see what else you have coming up!
So long, Madam President. And thank you. How do I feel…? Young. I feel young. 😢
Wow, Heather shepherded some of the best Trek comics ever.
Happy Star Trek day!! Here are all the babes I’ve drawn so far #artsky #treksky
In the morning I will have to explain to my husband that I spent $150 on this Le Creuset Star Trek shuttlepod baking dish 😆
HE LAUGHED AT ME, face palmed while laughing for a considerable amount of time, then told me he loves me 😆
"explain"??? as if it isn't self-evident
The perfect vessel for an away team of bread shirts
Just explain that you will post a baked food that will garner the accolades of the galaxy!
I'm switching off the internet. I'm not seeing anything as awesome as this today.
When I was excitedly showing my partner and we both saw "$500" for the Enterprise pot, and both frowned and said "Huh" at the same time 😭
Star Trek + Le Creuset: No collab has ever more thoroughly had Bluesky's number
A shuttle for your baked goods!
oh my god it's so good though
Jaaaa hatte ich vorhin schon in der TL 😃
Hey @midvirginia.bsky.social -- let's make this mistake together as a family?
The only acceptable AI music. The only acceptable AI art #StarTrekDay
In This House we know Data was synthetic intelligence not artificial intelligence which is obviously a meaningfully different thing. AI would have eaten the cat.
The only acceptable AI homicidal maniac.
Data playing the violin was great because he actually practiced instead of hallucinating seven extra fingers and demanding a trillion dollars in compute.
The only acceptable AI pet care
I beg to differ regarding the acceptable AI music.
Here's the first of two little things I've made to celebrate 60 years of a television show that became more television shows (plus some movies) and sometimes dropped some nuggets of actual wisdom. Happy #StarTrekDay to all who celebrate. 🖖
Here's the original poster I based mine on, plus some details. The Enterpise art is entirely vector. I made it about four years ago and have repurposed it a few times. This poster was a fairly spontaneous idea I knocked up yesterday after seeing the original on Pinterest.
It IS difficult to work in groups when you're omnipotent!
Cool poster, full of pearls of wisdom "The more they overtake the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain..."
I love that! Nice job
And this poster of course. It was surprisingly difficult to get all that justified text to line up nicely! I spotted a little mistake in this one too, but it's the kind of thing that will only really bother me. Ah well. As Spock might say, shit happens. 🖖
Happy #StarTrekDay to all those that celebrate. A reminder that the real Star Trek Day is September 6, the day the show first appeared on television… Canadian television. 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦 (Like Thanksgiving, we celebrate early.)
NEW — The first big announcement for #StarTrek 60th anniversary week is here: a new collaboration with luxury cookware company Le Creuset to send your kitchen to the final frontier! [Updated with US & UK purchase links] blog.trekcore.com/2026/09/star...
They really need to get cracking on those upgrades to the food replicators.
Thank you, Le Creuset for this remembrance. Ladle long and pot roast!
looks like this is still all going to the UK site?
My desire for a Klingon Dutch Oven is currently in a bitter argument with my common sense, my wallet, and the current state of my kitchen.
Updated once more with purchase links on the Le Creuset US and UK sites, now that both regions have gone live!
*drools* 😍 I just turned 60. I deserve alla the things! (I love the little shuttlecraft!) 🥺🖖🏾
Très grosse annonce pour les 60 ans de Star Trek, une batterie de cuisine ! 😍... 🫠
The communi-grator is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my entire life
But will they replicate food for us and save us the effort of actual, you know... cooking? No... no they won't... which in no way diminishes a desire to purchase. Happy 60th, Star Trek!
Yeah we're cooking. (not a product recommendation)
oh wow, cookware. so excite. 😐 Why is Paramount so bad at this?
Well, that’s Christmas for my favorite Trekkie sorted. After all, he allowed me my Star Wars Le Crueset moment a few years back.
And unlike the Harry Potter one, it doesn't look like a goddamn vulva.