David Ellison denies politicizing Skydance amid Trump links
Skydance co-CEO David Ellison says that his newly formed company will be in “the business of rebuilding trust” after merging two legacy studios together. “The best I can say to our detractors is: ‘Give us time, and we’ll prove it.’”
All their goodwill was burned away when they decided to buy Warner bros, Let the debt sink them to oblivion.
Please put those shows back on HBO Max.
This is a short-lived merger. Stop the merger, investigate the merger! Hollywood is not playground with Billionaire Oligarchs.
“the business of rebuilding trust”
Fuck this MAGAt piece of shit from now until the end of time
Oh, time? Sure I can give them time. I thought they were asking for me to give them a DIME! They're not getting any more of my money.
Oh shut the fuck up, you failed actor. We all know you want to please daddy heil Trump, asshole.
This is literally the same shit your toxic ex will say after doing the shittiest thing imaginable and you've moved WAY on
Ted Knight: MEANWHILE AT THE LEGION OF DOOM!
“The best I can say to our detractors is: ‘Give us time, and we’ll prove it’” he says... Because even his own eyebrows don't trust him!
That's something Zaslav would pull out of his playbook when he took over WB...You're just an echo chamber at this point but you're just evil w/o eyebrows.
"Give us time, and we'll prove it" No.
I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the industry fucking hates you David.
Let it crash and burn
Prove it by not laying off thousands of people
this is gonna age like a top quark
I went to Paramount studios today and asked David Ellison about his relationship with Trump and if he feels he has politicized the company. His response: "We were in a transaction review process. But with that said, we are now turning that page.” via @status.news www.status.news/p/david-elli...
Well we can only hope that Trump or is idiots may like Eisenhower said about Earl Warren that his appointment of Warren to the Supreme Court was his biggest mistake May Ellison be an enormous mistake BUT I DOUBT IT.
The Ellison family will wait a few months for optics but be clear that they can't fucking wait to get rid of anything directly or indirectly related to Jon Stewart. HBO documentaries are about to get a major gutting as well.
I can't say Paramount will be making anything quality in the foreseeable future. Count me ignoring them.
To me, the most notable answer David Ellison gave during Q-&-A was to @passantino.bsky.social, who asked whether he politicized the company over the last year. Ellison said: "We were in a transaction review process, but with that said, we are now turning the page." www.nytimes.com/2026/10/06/b...
Watch what they do. Not what they say.
It was a bad deal for the industry entirely apart from politics
Wow, am I glad I got out of that place when I did...
So - yes. You will compromise your values to make your profit. Will it happen again? Of course.