Steven Spielberg to oversee Transformers, Michael Bay in talks to return
Michael Bay is in talks to direct the new ‘Transformers’ movie Steven Spielberg will serve as primary creative producer (via Deadline)
Yay! More pointless explosions, gratuitous female gazing, and racism! I am so fucking excited! (Spoilers: I'm not. This was purely sarcasm)
Why are they doing this? They should’ve just done a sequel to Transformers one instead. 
From the nee Skydance comes… more of the same.
Lens flare my eyes now, I'm done with them
Tired of these bay movies. Let someone else do it. Or maybe go back to animation.
Good grief, hasn't EVERYONE had enough of this epilepsy-inducing trash already? 🤦🏼♂️
Micheal Bay to Paramount after Rise of the Beasts and Transformers One sadly underperformed
Always a good sign when one of the first updates following a major merger is a man listed in the Epstein Files (Michael Bay) being slated to direct the next Transformers movie after his disastrous last movie he directed for the franchise (Transformers: The Last Knight)...
Junto de filmes da Marvel pior franquia de hetero que tem isso aí
They pressed the emergency button to bring back Spielberg, but unfortunately they don't know of more directors for these things.
I've never been so RADICALLY indifferent...
And in related news, Ben Morgan continues to have absolutely no interest in the Live Action Transformers Movies. Michael Bay is a piece of shit, and even if he made good movies (he doesn't), I wouldn't watch them. He's a proud MAGA Cheerleader. The Future of Entertainment is BLEAK. Such a shame.
A gente realmente tá voltando alguns MUITOS anos pro passado
Bastante malo sería ya de por si si encima no hubieran abandonado el universo que podría haber salido de la estupenda Transformers One
.................they're going to AI Peter Cullen's voice for Optimus, aren't they?
And in other Bumtastic new, Michael Bay is in talks to direct the next transformers movie, and hearing that Micheal Bay is friends with the orange man and is in the files just... Soured me so much man OMG💔 Like the first transformers movie was and is my childhood OOF💔 bsky.app/profile/cult...
this mostly reads as all the executive producers of every other live action transformers film loudly pushing all their names together without any commitment to anything & assuming a film will pop out, barely discussable and I would be unsurprised if it amounts to nothing variety.com/2026/film/ne...
"In the works" until it mysteriously disappears after five years, I'd imagine. Transformers needs a rest from films for a while. I heard RotB was warmly received but it and Bumblebee arrived too soon, I think.
It wouldn't surprise me either if the script itself is excrement from the slop machine. Considering the recent "merger" of Warner and Paramount under the Skydance conglomerate Hollywood is in for some dark times.
was Travis Knight making bumblebee the only thing concrete that actually came out of that "dream team writers room builds a Bible for the future transformers movies" thing? I wonder if any of it even made it to Rise of the Beasts for example
This all could've been avoided if Transformers One made its money back at the box office... I blame society
genuinely fuck paramount, for killing One with it's marketting, and for *this*
Can't wait to see a new version of the Iran scene from Dark of the Moon, but this time, they're invading Gaza & stopping Hamas (I hope I'm wrong, but knowing this movies, there's probably going to be something about it)
"Steven Spielberg is returning to Paramount’s cult Transformers franchise alongside longtime producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura and with Michael Bay, long a master of mayhem, in talks to possibly direct the next tentpole for fanboys of vehicles. Spielberg will focus on all creative aspects."
"It’s understood Transformers headliner Shia LaBeouf will not return for the eighth installment."
I'm not bored of Transformers. I'm not even bored of Transformers at the cinema. But I am very bored of Michael Bay Transformers. (And more than a little grumpy that 'Transformers: One' was not followed by 'Transformers: One Shall Stand' and 'Transformers: One Shall Fall'.)
What sucks is that Rise of the Beasts was probably the best live-action Transformers movie we’ve gotten, but it underperformed, so now we’re going back to Michael Bay in hopes that it’ll make America 2007 again, or whatever.
Parts haven’t aged well, but Bay’s first Transformers was a huge deal in 2007. It was incredible on the big screen, and it reinvigorated the brand. But his follow-ups were largely diminishing returns (Dark of the Moon was better than most), with the caveat that the art direction was always stellar.
Bumble be was def fun and I'll argue the G1 opening in is the best live action TF done! Haha! But ya that's simply about hoping it will pay off some of that debt!