Jim Bakker, PTL Club televangelist, dies at 86
Republican televangelist Jim Bakker had gold-plated bathroom fixtures and an air-conditioned doghouse - turns out PTL stood for Pass The Loot.
Have his Jim Baker Survival Buckets expired yet? “The after rapture treat!”
Oh. He died. Jim Bakker was a pioneer of Evangelical Christian Grifting. So full of 💩 you could give him an enema and bury him in a matchbox.
The con continues...That's why the cons support a con in the WH.
If the same happened today, #JimBakker would "donate" a million bucks to Trump and all the charges would be dropped. Then Christian Conservatives would say, "Bakker wasn't convicted, so he must not have done anything wrong", and the #PTLClub would thrive. 🙁
On the west coast we had trinity broadcast network with the Crouches at the same time. It was exactly the same schtick. TBN studios finally torn down this year.
An air conditioned dog house?? That's ridiculous; the dog should live in the house, not tossed outside in a doghouse. Of course, since dogs are great judges of character, perhaps he/she didn't want to be inside with those people.
Pedophile politician Denny Hastert dies one day, and disgraced 1980s con man Jim Bakker dies the next, and I'm just going to let my mind connect the dots for the perfect completion of that trio and ...
I genuinely thought Jim Baker was already dead. So this gives me less satisfaction than it should.
I loved when they arrested him and found him curled up in the fetal position, in a public restroom stall.
From your lips to God’s ear, sir.
As deplorable and disgusting in every way as they both were, in this case I’d still make the 2 for 1 trade
Hoping for the hat trick.
someone turned up the thermostat and Hell needed a few more lumps of coal
Here’s Journey’s Jonathan Cain, his wife, Trump’s spiritual advisor and kleptomaniac Paula White, and recently deceased Jim Bakker. I’ve stopped believin’.
Being a big fan of "The Sopranos," this really got my hopes up.
My sound is off, and I'm 100% okay with that. 🤢
Journey died when Steve Perry left and they brought in “Karaoke Steve Perry.”
Shocked Paula didn't start screeching in tongues.
The correct song choice should have been: "No one knows what it's like To be the bad man..." www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMrI...
i've detested journey long before it was popular
Dennis Hastert and now Jim Bakker. I know ny choice for number three.
*my, but you probably figured that out.
My bottle of bubbly is chilling in anticipation.
Franklin Graham for the trifecta would be a wonderful October!
World wide choice for #3!
Would that be ToneDeaf Dumpster Fire?
I have a whole friggin' list...
Jim Bakker, who, along with his then-wife Tammy Faye, built an evangelical empire around the hugely successful TV show “The PTL Club,” only to lose it all over a sex scandal and financial crimes, has died.
I honestly thought he died years ago.
The OG fake Christian. If there is a Hell, he’s a shoo-in.
My then-wife and I got stoned in Boca Raton while we were on vacation one night, probably in 1980, and were horrified at our first sight of Tammy Faye and Jim on cable tv We laughed our asses off..it was like a skit on SCTV
'Built an empire' is a funny way to describe a confidence man
American evangelicalism is a con job disguised as a religion. Jesus is just a prop.
Before there were reality TV shows? there was Jim and Tammy Faye. Role models for this current crop of grifters and hustlers
Ok, this one, THIS ONE, I’m positive he’s already died before.
rip in piss to this specific evil
OMG this is wonderful news
Grew up an hour and a half from Heritage USA (itself just a few minutes down the road from Carowinds) and our youth group went to the water park 2-3 times. I only remember the big slide from the park, but what really stayed with me was how liminal the rest of the "resort" was. So creepy.
*banging desk* RULE OF THREES! RULE OF THREES!
this is how i knew about jim and tammy faye
This is one of those New Charlotte/Old Charlotte barometers. As the kids say, #iykyk www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QJY...
rot in piss, you existentially corrosive piece of shit I have a story about this shithead's empire from shortly before it imploded
Hell aint big enough for him.
Good riddance. When is it going to be tRump’s turn?
Jim Bakker is dead at 86. His legacy? Fraud, fake cures, giant apocalypse-fueled food buckets, and decades spent turning Christian fear into personal wealth. His ministry was never about saving souls. It was about converting fear into cash. www.friendlyatheist.com/p/jim-bakker...
It's been a good week for bad people dying
How dare he lived 20 years more than Tammy Faye
life moves quick, these days when I think of evangelical christians I think of Mike Johnson. same morals and ethics though, so that's good - less to keep remember.
Absolutely and millions of gullible people lined up with their $$
Sometimes I think the best proof for the nonexistence of god is that it never tries to disassociate from the horrible conmen using the belief of that god to line their own pockets.
Selling slop bucket prepper shit that will rot in the stupid rubes' trailers. Ah, America, the land of opportunity for religious cretin charlatans.
my god and now jim bakker…why do the good always die so young…
honestly i think we all needed the pick-me-up. might be the one good thing jim bakker ever did
i love the smell of bluesky in the morning
Cracking open a survival bucket of cheesy broccoli and rice in his honor
I hope somewhere, someone is feverishly compiling a list of all the horrible people over 80 that most people think are already dead.
could really go for a Whiskey Fridays with Tony Dokoupil right about now
He ate too many buckets of shelf-stable creamed potatoes…🥺 He’s with some kind of garish Jesus now. Not the one from the Bible, more of an American totem for all our vices and wasted promises.
If you do not know who Jim Bakker was, if you haven't mainlined 1980s Bloom County comics, this gift article explains it. Literally the Prosperity Gospel, linking God and Mammon forever after. www.nytimes.com/2026/10/05/u...
more good headlines for dead shitheads
On a side note, Bloom County was a major influence for me because it hilariously skewered politicians with a lot of heart. It was Doonesbury for the Gen-X era, except funny. Reading it today is like going back in a time capsule. Good times, good times. Anyway buh-bye Jim Baker. Rot in hell.
Not to get too religious on main, but the Prosperity Gospel really makes me mad. It’s a total misreading of what Jesus said, and it’s used to make rich people feel better and to make poor people feel bad for being poor!
Oh, I missed Hell’s newest resident.
The rule of threes...Hastert, now Baker...
Death at the claw machine, quietly celebrating.
🤡 Jim Bakker, fraud televangelist died today at 86. This clown was with Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), TBN, PTL Club, etc. Fraud schemes, sentenced to 45 years in prison, served 5. And returned for more.
🦠 Televangelist Jim Bakker to Pay $156,000 to Settle Case Over Fake Covid Cure (2021) www.courthousenews.com/televangelis...
I didn't know who he was until I moved to NC in 1981.His followers were just as irrational as Trump's.
And yuckkkkkk. I remember this. I was like WTF. 😂
I used to watch the PTL club just to watch Tammy Faye’s makeup run
Same. My father took care of my great aunt and had to take her checkbook away because she would watch the PTL Club and write checks and just mail them to that asshole. 🙄
Somewhere a clown is biting their tongue
I once saw someone with a t-shirt that had two black splotches and a red smear below. It said, "I ran into Tammy Faye".
I had a boss once, she in Edmonton (me in Van/BC) who looked... and made up.... exactly like T-F. Globs of thrice-applied mascara, the whole nine yards. I used to wonder what-the-hell time she got up in the morn, to get that all done
he made it to 86, but he didn't live well. in his last years he pivoted to the survivalism grift and hawked buckets filled with slop even other preppers considered an insult deadline.com/2026/10/jim-...
Jerry Falwell died on the toilet. I smoked a bowl with one of the paramedics that found him
I can still picture the creamed corn ass slop in a green bucket and being like...viscerally weirded out by it
Time to play this in "honor" of him. www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaC3...