Amol Rajan exits Celebrity Traitors, says he played 'the wrong game'
The big reason the #CelebrityTraitors is better than the regular Traitors is that it is more openly a gameshow and is not trying to pretend to be reality TV.
In general this is why it gets better every year, is every year the contestants make it harder to try and awkwardly contort it into reality TV.
I think the difference in consequences helps a lot with that. Normal traitors sees people miss out on what can be life changing amounts of money, celebrity traitors just changes which charities get what share, and I've not events tried to keep track of which charities they are.
And we don’t have to sit through each of their emotional backstory bits which helps
I didn't watch the first series of the celebrity version last year, I've only seen the regular version. I will say I do enjoy meeting the totally unknown personalities in the regular version, so maybe that's where I differ from you.
Appreciate you might have already seen this Stephen, and it is 20 minutes long(!), but you might enjoy watching this: youtu.be/twDvxNooI_4?..., based on what you're saying in this thread!
Yeah I agree, it's just very low stakes and pretty fun, the normal one is very like ✨strategic✨ focused The US version originally had a mix of celebs and normies and that's weird because it messes with the dynamics a bit. I think the same in NZ. Very weird.
I have hitherto never watched a single episode of Traitors, Celebrity or otherwise, but this evening I have caught up with the current series, so I finally have something to talk to other parents about at the school gates, will give it a go on Monday
This is very disappointing, Rhodri
I don't like the standard one, but enjoy Celebrity... and Claudia does "high camp horror" perfectly. Its almost like a comedy.
If you get the bug... Australia season 2. Absolutely mental.
I save a series of the regular (UK) one and then binge it so I don't end up shouting at the telly 🤣 would say the first Celeb series also worth it. I watch the missions on double speed because I find them boring 🤷
The American version of Traitors with Alan Cumming hosting is sublime
I'm starting to think that I must be one of very few people who really couldn't give a toss about Celebrity Traitors.
Also, why is it on the front pages of the newspapers???? It's bloody ridiculous!!! Moan over 😁
I dont watch any of it.
You are not alone😃 Happy for the people who enjoy it but it's not for me.
🥱 Or indeed any other show with recycled “celebrities” doing stuff, which somehow becomes mainstream news.
I WOULD watch a TV programme about Violence at the War Memorial
We don’t watch it either!