Paramount and Warner Bros to merge under the name Skydance
Expect projects like this to become rare. WB and Paramount are being folded into Skydance. Evidence of their unique corporate identities will get scrubbed, as when Disney took over Fox. And the recent execs who were barely interested in history are being replaced with people who have zero interest.
I’m just hoping this release actually goes through and hits physical media where they can’t take it away and vault it again.
I'd say there is a 17% chance incoming leadership is aware this movie exists. They wasted like half a decade on various do-overs of Terminator 3 until Tom Cruise decided to gift them their only genuine mega-hit. There is no precedent for taste or even savvy IP-management here.
David Zaslav is expected to exit ‘Skydance,’ the combined Warner Bros. Discovery–Paramount company. He stands to receive over $550 million in stock and cash when the deal closes, including $34.2 million in cash severance.
We will never forgive nor forget what damage he has done. He was a Monster and deserves to be sued for everything he has done
This guy deserves to burn in hell.
This is a disaster that will even put Animation titles at risk of Cancellation and worst eventually outsourced from the company, aka become Lost Media, unless @netflix.com can pull it off to obtain those shows at that point.
The smallest of silver linings I suppose
If i fucked up my job this bad, I wouldn’t even get bus fare as severance.
YES! One good thing we're getting out of this.
He needs a boulder to fall on him.
Did enough damage to the WB brand, and jumped the falling plane deploying a nice golden parachute. Fuck the Ellisons, and fuck Zaslav. Eat the fucking rich.
The damage that this asshole has done not just to Warner Bros, but the entire film and animation industries needs to be studied for decades. But getting him out of WB sure turned into a Monkey's Paw wish, didn't it?
They’re replacing a bad David with an even worse David. Zaslav just sucks at his job; Ellison is evil. This is all I’m going to say about the merger. I’m expecting the worst, so any good that comes out of it is something I can appreciate.
Congrats, David. You deserve the award for the worst CEO in human history. Go fuck yourself.
Once again I hope Paramount fails so hard. They didn't even have the money to pay for WB. Everything about this is gross and even the snake is trying to get away.
Show of hands. Who wants to guess this was his plan the whole time?
I’m not even gonna say bye; fuck this guy. He ruined everything
so he's perfectly fine his company warner bros. and discovery goes bankrupt with paramount? well fuck david zaslav and fuck the ellison brothers too😑🖕
This shit should be illegal. Not just regulated. Flat out illegal. You shouldn't be allowed to willfully tank a company into a buyout and be rewarded.
Execs behind the upcoming merged Warner Bros/Paramount company are already moving to make ‘BARBIE 2’ happen with Greta Gerwig & Margot Robbie. (Source: variety.com/2026/film/ne...)
Looking forward to her finally controlling the railways and the flow of commerce.
I felt like the ending was so satisfying, it didn’t really need a sequel.
It’ll be harder for Barbie to beat the Fascism allegations this time around.
I'm firmly against Skydance running things but I feel like everyone commenting that he's gonna make Barbie MAGA forgot all the stuff Fox used to put out that ran completely contrary to Fox News' politics. At the end of the day the capitalists want to make the most money possible.
Uhhh that deal was well in place before any of this but sure
No. Flat out NO! This movie does not need a part 2.
Greta & Margot should agree to do the movie only if all of the Ellisons and Zaslavs and Gavin Newsom are all put on a space shuttle and launched into the sun.
I think the first one kind of loses its meaning if it is given a sequel....I think maybe doing live-action barbie movies based on the animated stories would be fun though!
Sequels, spin-offs, reboots, remakes: These are the main things to expect from Daddy's Boy Studios going forward.
Didn't she leave Barbieland or whatever
We better get an Oppenheimer 2 too.
There's one pre-1970 film clip in the sizzle reel for the new parent company of Warner Bros. and Paramount, two century-old film studios. And 60 logos, but no TCM... www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EG... #FilmSky
And they fucked w/ the aspect ratio:
They included a moment from Chinatown but not this one youtu.be/sJRJUPzaaW8?...
Looks like my Sling subscription may be history soon. 🙄
They've had this ready for a while.
With this, they now own the entire pre-May 1986 MGM library.
I'm afraid to watch anything owned by 'Skydance' now, because the executives behind this new... whatever it is, are massive supporters of the IDF. Like, if I watch any of the Paramount Sonic films, I'll be funding genocide. I can't enjoy my interests in peace anymore, I don't know what I should do.
I know what you should do. If you own it on physical media, use that. If not,
There is no ethical consumption under Capitalism. This is the Gospel According to Devo: "Choose your mutations."
It's frustrating, however I'm okay filling my time with something else. This is a pretty good argument for books, and I'm supposed to be a film fan. It was easier when I was young and never saw behind the Hollywood curtain.