AI-generated Greta Garbo appears in SKF ball-bearing advert
It’s particularly cruel to do this to Garbo, who protected her privacy and peace but it’s not surprising she was chosen. After all, she told the world “no” and AI pushers love to run roughshod over consenf www.theguardian.com/film/2026/se...
“She refused to appear in another film, despite floods of offers right up to her death? Well, she’s in one now anyway! Haha!” Yep, seems about right for a tech that was designed to invite the phrase “whether you like it or not”
I’m an atheist who does not believe in any kind of afterlife. When I die, my body will decay and that will be it. But if they tried this with me, I’d come back from the dead for revenge.
They also made her look like a mix between Madonna and Michelle Pfeiffer (with a dash of Tallulah Bankhead) for some reason.
One could have the most blameless life, and do only good in the world, and then after death, have their image stolen and used to promote evil companies and products they wouldn’t have supported in life… is this our future? The lack of consent is appalling.
FFS... is there anything they're not going to steal?
She just wanted to be left alone once she was done with films. Literally. This is digital necromancy.... And I'm not sure from the pic if I would have even known it was Garbo. *insert Mommie Dearest 'Jesus Christ' gif*
Important point. I wondered if this was why Scarlett Johansson - who criticised OpenAI - was cited as inspiration for Tilly Norwood. Some kind of subconscious appropriation
Much like how Miyazaki hates the Gibli-styled AI slop, this film exists in order to explicitly antagonize the people it is supposedly paying homage to. They are TRYING to piss off people on purpose.
"INCELS VIOLATE WOMAN'S PRIVACY JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN." AI IS A PIMP, SELLING WHAT DOESN'T BELONG TO IT. BOYCOTT/BAN AI WHEREVER POSSIBLE!
@tcmtv.bsky.social @tcmparty.bsky.social What a TRAVESTY #AI is not only ruining our future but our past as well. #FilmSky 🎬 #Garbo
AI is becoming a replay of Fred Astaire dancing with the Dirt Devil. This weird exhuming of the dead and the weaponizing of nostalgia to sell corporate product. They see artists as entities to be exploited for eternity.
“Tap, tap, tap at the window. Bloody AI Greta Garbo, trying to sell me ball bearings.”
"So I says to her, Gret, I says, nick off, I've still got the ones AI Brigitte Bardot flogged me"
This is horrific news, no buying ball bearings from me any more, the boycott’s on
"They fell on the floor and followed me around the room."
Like all young people I only buy things Greta Garbo has endorsed. I sure hope these balls bearings are nutritious.
"I want to be a clone"
I vont to be.....greased up.
It's all ball bearings now...