Star Trek, The Next Generation anniversary recalled
I'm going to #MCAtlanta and I'm going to be really normal about Star Trek. @mtgfestivals.com #sponsored
Disappointing. (The normal part, I mean. Everything else is complete gas. Or dilithium, maybe?)
"The way this match is going back and forth you'd think I'm taking on my own personal Finnegan!" *crickets* "Okay so in season one of the original series there's this episode called Shore Leave where in-"
I don't believe you. Not the going to Atlanta part, the being normal part. Not happening. visit florida and take me with you
Excited to see all of y'all for like 12 seconds again. 😅
Totally, totally normal. "Hey Gavin. You and me? We're friends, right? We go way back. ... Look, I know Wil Wheaton is here. I've had people watching from the rooftops all morning and we saw him come in. I just need 10 minutes..."
Interview: Terry Matalas Ready For More Star Trek, Sees ‘The Next Generation’ As Model For Franchise Future https://bit.ly/matalastrekfuture2026
Is this your king? youtu.be/jWFCHUFttmk?...
Give Terry control of the damned franchise! He understands what makes Star Trek, Star Trek.
We need to invent the concept of a TV producer's license specifically so it can be denied to Terry Matalas.
We do need more series in the Star Trek Picard era. When the federation is trying to reestablish stability after the incidents with the Dominion and Romulans caused issues. Finding peace again could be a WONDERFUL theme for a TV series.
BOOOOOOOOOOO GET OFF THE STAGE
Man who wrote Picard Season 2, one of Star Trek's worst as a franchise: don't worry gang I got the plan to fix it
I cannot imagine a worse fate for the future of the Franchise than Terry Matalas becoming the "Kevin Feige of Star Trek." Season three of PIC was nothing more than a bunch of cynical nostalgia bait for fans for who can't get past a desire to see all the characters they grew up with back on the D
It's clear that both Andy Weir and Terry Matalas have been auditioning to be the next Star Trek showrunner under the Ellisons. And no, that's not meant to be complimentary to any of the aforementioned parties.
Huge noise from a man whose biggest contribution to Star Trek was just The Rise of Skywalker with less hair
Here is my pledge: if M*t*l*s returns to Trek, especially to run the franchise, I am out. Hurts to say, but his Trek also hurts to watch.
Christ. He's begging the Ellisons to pick him. Not one original idea in his head. He'll probably be their first choice.
please no more motorcycle jackets unless theyre riding motorcycles in space
let's go from TOS obsessed nostalgia to TNG obsessed nostalgia. no 1 wants to bring back the Black Captain who literally led a riot against fascists in a time travel episode, or the fem Captain who challenged Trekkie misogynistic tendencies for 7 seasons. It's this or Enterprise that ppl talk abt
Star Trek: The Next Generation is 39 years old today! I was one of those suckers whose life it changed. A thread of my writing about it, starting with how the show offers a defence of the humanities: #StarTrek #TNG #SFF buttondown.com/surekhadavie...
I also wrote an essay in @reactorsff.bsky.social about first appearance of the Borg Collective: the perfect monster for our time: reactormag.com/star-trek-tn...
It was the first grownup show I watched with my parents
TNG, or How I really started to learn English to keep up with the show.
If I wanted to start binge watching Star Trek, should I start with TNG? I’ve seen most of the movies but never got into the shows.
TNG YES! Then move to DS9. Both have slow starts then ramp up
My advice: Start with a curated selection of the best of the original series (TOS) to give you the baseline of why this was a thing in the first place. Ask your local Trek fan, they can give you a top ten. Then do the same for the first few seasons of TNG.
If you’ve seen the movies, yes TNG. Be prepared for the first season to be a bit rough, the second to be a bit smoother, and the third to be where they hit their stride. when you move on to DS9 (something i very much recommend) it’ll be similar for seasons 1, 2, & 3 in this regard.
TNG is great but the first season is pretty weak IMO, honestly doesn’t really gel till season 3. Still worth binging the whole thing repeatedly.
You don't necessarily need TOS to get into TNG. There's a handful of references, but nothing glaring. You do, however, need TNG to get into DS9 and Voyager. You can watch Enterprise, Discovery S01-03, and Strange New Worlds before TOS. Discovery S04 and 05 before Starfleet Academy.
IMO: Yes. I got into Trek watching Voyager, but I think TNG is a great place to start. ( Personally, I find the original series mostly unwatchable outside the movies ).