Dennis Haskins, 'Saved by the Bell' principal, dies at 75
When I was in college, I was Dennis Haskins' handler for a Mr. Belding meet and greet event. As a huge Saved By The Bell fan, I was excited to do it, until I’d heard afterwards that he needed a handler because he wasn’t allowed to be alone in the same room with women.
That's crazy. So many men
Thank you for posting this. I didn't know.
Got that impression from the Playboy parties. Normally you'd see Jon Lovitz, comedian, makes sense..... but character actor, that's a stretch.
Ahh. Not a moment too soon, then. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.
I can't believe the amount of people that are publicly acting like this creep's death is a loss. He was a sex pest and a predator.
Ok then. Off this trending topic.
To this day I can’t believe they got away with naming a principle “Mr. Bell Ding” on a show named Saved by the Bell. RIP Dennis Haskins.
Son of a bitch. I just this moment got that. I was too busy being 10 and having the hots for Lisa Turtle.
Omg. Why did I never realize this.
He used to be a regular at a Burbank karaoke bar I used to frequent. (Damn I miss Dimples… and Sardo’s) Was always good to see him and he was always super friendly with everyone.
How did I not get that until just now…
To be fair the show was originally called Good Morning Miss Bliss..
Seems he raped someone and was a creep to women. Ew. We call out Cornell but this guy got a free pass for being on a tv show? Hm..
I....did not get the joke until now.
I can’t believe it took me almost 40 years to spot this
THE NAME OF THE SHOW WAS GOOD MORNING MISS BLISS
Saved by the Bell reruns were a go-to bit of afterschool fluff in my teen years and Haskins' fun performance was a key reason why; rest easy. "And tell them Mr. Belding sent you. You'll get a free cookie!"
The top two posts on Bluesky Trending's “Dennis Haskins dies” page are about his being a sexual predator, but then you keep scrolling and everyone else is all, “Oh no, my favorite TV principal died!”
To put it simply, I can find nothing outside of those two posts backing those claims up. If you just look up Dennis Haskins (as you have to since Trending topics seem to disappear upon refresh if you've seen them once) you don't see any of them. It took forever to find this post even.
I never watched SBTB, so I had to look up Haskins’ filmography and the only roles I would have seen him in were “CEO Donor #2” on a 2001 episode of The West Wing, and also “Phil Beachum,” a Cool Whip executive on an episode of Mad Men (not that I remember that role)…
It looks like the "he's a sexual predator" posts have dropped down a bit, but when I got online at 6 am I had the same experience as you. I also never watched SBTB so those first two posts were the first thing I learned about him.
With EVERY due respect this is LITERALLY the first I heard about it. I'm vaguely aware of the show from a Millennial younger brother, but I don't think that was common knowledge.