Resident Evil movie boosts RE2 remake PS5 sales by over 50%
‘RESIDENT EVIL’ has passed $200M worldwide. Now tracking to become Zach Cregger's highest grossing film ever.
Glad to this film is having success, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
One I'll prob be ok renting for $20 and not wait for it to go down. The reviews are pretty solid.
Highest grossing you say... is that your hair.
Deserves every bit and more. Great film!
uh of course it is, there's zombies and they eat people? it's disgusting.
Good! Now this should be the gold standard of video game movies.
Wonder how long until it may eclipse The Final Chapter worldwide.
Hell yeah. This movie was so much fun, and Zach and everyone involved deserve it.
Resident Evil 7 in VR truly was one of the most immersive and stunning gaming experiences of my life and I never ever want to play the game like that again
Genuinely the first time since I was a kid that I had to stop playing for a few days because it was too intense, haha. 10/10 experience, I will not do it again, lol.
I’d love to play Resident Evil 7 in VR but I don’t have the money for a VR headset
Was that the arcade style shooting game that moved scene to scene without the character moving?
One of my first modern VR experiences was playing large portions of RE7 and Thumper a lot in the same weekend. What a goddamn good time.
I couldn’t last past the scene of Jack chasing you around the hallway, I literally got nauseous
the year is 2026 Gamers across the land call Resident Evil movie fans larpers because "theres nothing funny in games" the mental migration of the human race to the hyperreal doublethink symulacrum has been completed
it's weird because there is a critique somebody who "actually plays the games" could say which is the humour in the movie is not the exact same as the ones in the game. like RE can be purposefully cheesy and make jokes, but zach cregger comes from a different type of comedy background so u can
"You were almost a Jill Sandwich!" Is burnt in my brain, how can they say there's nothing funny in the games. BOULDER PUNCH QTE, even! How is that not funny?
People are soooo determined to ignore how campy the games are, it's really strange. Sense of humour skill issue tbh.
Yeah because every backflip leon has done was totally necessary.
The games are certainly humorous, but they contain very different humor than the new film. For every Jill Sandwich or Bingo line, there was always 20-30 minutes of action, horror, and suspense. Cregger didn't want 30 seconds to pass without the protagonist saying "fuck" or doing a Three Stooges bit.
say what you will about the original resident evil movie series paul w s anderson going "I decided my wife should be portrayed as the coolest person ever" is a god tier wife guy move
and then he did the same for monster hunter
They are the single greatest piles if abysmal fucking dog shit. 10/10 i need to rewatch them.
other way around, decided the coolest person ever should be his wife. they got married after the first few movies production specifically and met through them
I absolutely get the sentiment. But it really sucks that so often it was at the expense of the established characters. You'd see Jill fight someone and hold her own, but at the last minute screw it up and have to be saved by Alice.
So, with Zach Cregger’s “Resident Evil” being a smash - and very good - it has sparked something of a reappraisal and re-engagement with Paul W.S. Anderson’s films. So I made a video at @SecondWindGroup.com about those post-modernist action movie monuments. WATCH: youtu.be/fZ4qRmA-bBM?...
Someone who worked in the film industry was asked how/why these Resident Evil & Underworld movies keep getting made, and the industry mole said that you’d be surprised at how many Eastern European tracksuit mafia types (who don’t know how to torrent films) made that shit profitable.
as one of the loudest supporters in any room of pwsa's ouevre and also an early adopter+booster of the critical framework of "vulgar auteurism" (one of the first critics, professional or otherwise, outside the group of writers who coined it) i dispute as much here as i love. but i value its honesty.
There's definitely a section of fandoms who quite explicitly do not understand the thing they're a fan of. Can see it with the people insisting Cregger doesn't understand Resident Evil when quite clearly he does.
(spoilers!) I think it was such a clever decision to have the film almost be the backstory to a character/monster that Leon would encounter, kill and then discover the recording on their person that fills in their tragic back story
*laughs in Silent Hill fan*
...And these same people never complained about all the Kung-Fu, Techno, bullet time & spandex in the original RE movies.
I haven't played any RE games since I was a kid and that too only in bits and pieces, but the movie definitely feels like one of the most successful captures of the feeling of videogames (while still being good). The Furious felt like another (for better & worse), despite not being adapted from one.
Fans who don’t really understand what they’re a fan of are annoyingly usually the most vocal & insistent. I’ve seen the same with fans of actors, who imaging they have a real ‘connection’ with their idol and ‘understand’ him/her better than anyone. It’s in their heads. They’re often way off the mark
My hot horror take is that I Do Not like the Unkillable Enemy that chases you thing. It starts to eek into the things I dislike about Amnesia style games where it kind of ruins the atmosphere for me and it becomes more frustrating than scary. I don't like Mr X in RE2 remake he pisses me off lol
It -can- be done well like in the OG Resident Evil 3 with Nemesis but for the most part it just annoys me. Let me explore slow burn spooky mansion damn it stop sucker punching me.
How do you feel on Jeff in Half Life Alyx?
I think it really comes down to how well the enemy is designed and how much dread they add to the game… like all antagonists from Outlast are that same “you literally can’t kill me” character but they feel oddly defeat-able? But agreed those enemies that just make you annoyingly defenseless suuuuck
it really sucks because i can honestly say that *nothing* hits me like being *chased* in an amnesia, but the nature of games creates this really hard to reconcile "contradiction" where like. the fail state needs to punish you severely enough to feel like payoff, but not enough to be frustrating
Unironically I think the Warden in MC is so damn good because of how it handles this. It's not some inevitable unstoppable force, it's a consequence for not being careful Even with my experience and knowing exactly how to deny it, I'm still anxious about summoning it because of the threat it holds
It’s lame when it’s done badly and the monster isn’t scary or cool to begin with