Skip to content

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Remastered releases with major updates

gamingSep 28, 202630865

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Remastered launched as a free update, triggering a wave of fresh playthroughs centered on a mandatory skill-point reset and overhauled skill trees. Players and reviewers are highlighting the new photomode and updated PC requirements while arguing over side-by-side comparison clips that some say look noticeably better and others say look worse than the original. Creators with early access have been streaming renewed playthroughs to showcase the combat camera changes and visual tweaks, and many are treating the update as a chance to rebuild Geralt with the revamped systems.

𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 🐺⚔️
@carlofrivia.bsky.social

Just one final thing I wanted to say before the big day tomorrow, aka the release day of The Witcher 3 Remastered. Most of you already know how much I love The Witcher, so I may be repeating myself. Nevertheless I wanted to share my story with it and why it's so special to me. 🐺⚔️

Before The Witcher 3 Remastered releases tomorrow I just wanted to, once more, talk about why the original game is so special to me. Back in 2018, some stuff happened where I split away from a friend group and any hope I had for a clear future was crushed. Around that time I started playing The Witcher 3, not knowing much about the lore and characters except the knowledge I had from The Witcher 2. In those months that I played I fell in love, then after it was completed I dived deep, head first into the world of The Witcher. I got some of the original novels for Christmas, and eventually added the rest over time. It became my favorite book series. I just couldn’t stop thinking about (and loving) The Witcher. Multiple playthroughs of The Witcher 3 and the first two games ensued. I fell in love even more.

In a way The Witcher saved my life. So many times I could've broke or fallen down the deepest darkest pit, but The Witcher was there to pull me out. The same can be said of Star Wars and Mass Effect and a load of other things. But the way I fell in love with The Witcher is unlike anything in my entire life. I care so deeply about the characters and their relationships/friendships. Even when the universe gets dark, I always find comfort in these characters.

So I'm proud to be a fan and happy to know fellow witchers.

To any newcomers that plan to start with the remaster, I hope you fall in love with The Witcher 3 just like I did. I hope you fall in love with the world and its characters. To my fellow veteran witchers, I hope you can fall in love with the game again.

Good luck on the Path…
4711d ago
Ivy 🎮 Ghostwire: Tokyo 🖤🤍💜6

Sorry to hear that your entire life and future got unravelled by splitting from a friend group. 🫂 That sounds so scary. Glad you found something that, at the time, helped you through to make sure you come out the other end. Witcher is a wonderful franchise to do exactly that.

JeЯemy Complains3

Same. In my darkest times of the last decade, the Witcher has been there to distract me. Since first playing 3 during my week of mourning the death of my long-time partner, it's been a source of comfort. His search for Ciri when I had just lost ability to contact my stepdaughter hit so hard.

DEGNI3

I know how it feels to split from a friend group, it also happened to me in my early 20s, fucking sucks. I'm very happy you found the Witcher to help you during that time and I'm glad you're here to share this memory piece with us! I hope this remaster is everything you wanted and more! 💙🫂

Joey 🎮2

I’m glad the Witcher was there when you needed it the most. Sucks having to split from a friend group. I hope you enjoy the remaster. It’ll be a long while before I play it since I have other games to get to, but I’ll be enjoying your posts on it. 🙂

Jack2

I am similar, this game led to friendships that I still have to this day and before it I had really none and the ones I did have seemed to be non-existent and forced to split from some. It was always be special to me, it's more than just the game.

Bryan2

Happy to see you found peace and strength in this world and through its characters. 🙏🏻

2 sources