Elon Musk attacks filmmaker Alex Gibney over new documentary
Today I saw the new 4 hour documentary Musk, directed by Alex Gibney. There were too many times to count that a sold out theater burst out laughing at Elon Musk, something he said or did, even sometimes just how he looked. I believe that is his worst nightmare come to life.
I should add that in addition to being much funnier than anticipated--Musk is going to be intensely humiliated by this movie, it's going to attack the deepest wounds he tries so hard to conceal--it is also bone-chilling. I think he gutted USAID with DOGE to kill masses of people in the third world.
This just moved the needle for me, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to spend 4 hours of my life watching this cypher’s life story but if it’s funny… then maybe
Let's make the Musk doc into the next Rocky Horror: a destination event with scripted audience participation that plays in perpetuity in every college town
The documentary is four hours to commemorate how long his newborn children take to realize they hate him.
Don't forget the main reason DOGE shut down USAID: to stop investigations into Elon & his companies. That was DOGE's entire job- stop all 32 active investigations which Musk feared would put him in prison. Killing people was the collateral damage from saving his own ass: bsky.app/profile/robv...
Musk is a mass murderer, a thief, a fraud. His body count should be front page news all day, every day, until he is brought to justice.
not the point sounds like a hoot, but what... four hours? What is this, a video essay about why you should care about an underrated 1998 horror game that spirals out into an indictment of the West's complicity over Burmese death squads?
i think there is a lot of people who either dont know he sucks or do know but its just vague “yeah hes said some dumb things and the cybertruck is cringe” reasons who arent prepared to confront just how unimaginably stupid he is or how his empire is built on lies which this documentary will reveal
Cannot wait to see this.
We *have* to get everybody's normie parents and coworkers to see this.
As much as I despise Elon Musk I also loathe the many journalists and tech and finance professionals who mindlessly enabled his grifting, self-serving bullshit. They facilitated his election interference, his racism and his destruction of USAID. Some continue in their complicity even today.
Okay maybe I do want to see this movie.
Good thread, but a surprised guest in the responses made it 100x funnier.
.. yeah, this is what I was hoping for. Gibney has decades of experience watching entitled rich monsters, there was no way he wasn't going to go for the throat here.
absolutely cannot wait to watch this while I draw
Oh, I love this for that mass-murdering cunt
Elon Musk as he really is and he is pissed about it. boingboing.net/2026/09/25/o...
I encourage all of you to vocalize the following: 1. The International Court of Justice (ICJ) 2. The International Court of Arbitration 3. The International Criminal Court (ICC). These courts must be allowed to conduct legitimate work without acts of terrorism by a few lowly state dept imps.
What would the popcorn buckets be if this was released in theaters
I'd been completely ignoring this as I presumed he'd commissioned it himself! (along the same lines as Melania).
Journalist Molly Jong-Fast claimed to have gotten an early look at an upcoming documentary about Tesla CEO and Trump ally Elon Musk, and after watching the first two hours, said she realized why the billionaire "doesn't want" Americans to watch it.
That is true, #Elon ' thenotsofreespeech" #Musk blocked me for life on #X and threw away my followers after exposing him with investigative #Journalists (some of them now murdererd) on #childlabor #humantrafficking #Slavery #pollution blaming subcontractors he hired #Tessla #Tesla #Cobalt #Europe
Elon’s a tech genius like Trump’s a business genius. The’re both phonies worshipped by rednecks who don’t know any better and media dolts who should know better.
It is the truth about Musk, he is a fascist, hate-monger.
Sounds like it could be huge.
You heard her, folks. Let’s make the trailer go viral. www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY_8...
I’ve seen it She’s right!!!
seeing the expected freakout about AI in the "MUSK" documentary, so here's what I know we will discuss this in depth when I livestream with Gibney on the 20th, it's definitely more complicated than the "slop" conclusion folks inevitably leap to
I've also only seen the final graphics once, at the Venice premiere... all the previous cuts I saw had placeholder graphics. I will say that the avatar was visually jarring for me personally at first, but the movie is full of unsettling graphics and use of color, and it all creates a certain vibe
NGL, as a relative AI art non-hater, it's kinda funny to watch the revolution eat its young
Haven’t seen it yet, but I do worry that being “complicated” on this issue is maybe not ideal for this project. Master’s house, master’s tools and all that.
It's an interesting conomdrum. I look forward to hearing this discussion.
He’ll sell you a dream, but deliver a nightmare. Alex Gibney’s epic 3¾-hour documentary ‘Musk’ provides an unprecedented insight into the mind of a dangerous far-right megalomaniac.
I know dumb people that have argued Musk is a genius despite having facts given to them to the contrary. This movie would convince them of the truth. This is why Musk is trying to stifle it.
A brave new world or dystopia: What type of world are we building where it is controlled by a small group of unimaginably wealthy men and has an underclass of billions?
See if the movie at AMC theaters
That's nothing, you want to see inside my mind.
Big Tech Won’t Let You Advertise a Movie About Elon Musk Here’s a sentence that should worry anyone who cares about free speech: you can’t buy an ad for a movie about Elon Musk. According to The Hollywood Reporter, YouTube, TikTok and Meta have all declined to run the trailer for Musk, Alex
Gibney’s four-hour documentary about the world’s richest man. It opens in theaters October 9. All three platforms cited “political content.” The trailer contains a shot of a 2024 rally and a reference to the 2024 election.
Remix it, I always feel like Elon is watching me, oooh
working at the crab museum has brought me many interesting new experiences. like being yelled at by an elon musk fan who told me humanity is moving to mars and that the new tesla cars are great actually and that i should, and i quote, "move into a cave for all he cares and be covered in my own shit"
oh my god sir this is a crab museum
Carcinization isn’t happening fast enough for some people 😒
Yikes with a capital Why
1) a crab museum sounds so cool omg 2) did this loser just do this to you out of the blue?? 😭
how did looking at crabs prompt this outbreak of them. like that should be such a whimsical activity
What a rational and normal thing to shout at a total stranger in the... *checks notes* ...crab museum. The job itself sounds delightful. I'm sorry you're having to deal w incels.