Bird of the Day, theme 'Pairs'
#BirdOfTheDay theme is #Pairs Scarlet tanagers I found about 7 years ago at what I can best describe as wooded area behind a dump site/junkyard for the county road department.
The junkyard. Turned out to be excellent birding with tanagers, orioles, rose-breasted grosbeaks, chestnut-sided warblers, and more. Whodathunkit?
They started coming to my suet feeder this year. Never seen them before. I was told they don't normally visit feeders, especially not the females but in a drought year they probably had to get creative about their dinners.
Oh my! They are beautiful! Their color!
One year we had one land on the shepherds hook right outside the window. My son, 10yo at the time, said, “ Wow, what’s wrong with that cardinal?”😂
These are so cool. I learned about tanagers today when someone posted a pic of a glistening green tanager, then I started looking at others and found out about these red and black ones.
Beautiful photo, Jim. Such a vivid red.
Limpkins #BirdOfTheDay #Pairs #Birds #Photograph#EastCoastKin #ECK #EricOlsonPhotography
The great speckled bird! The ancient Egyptians worshiped the ibis because they didn’t have limpkins. Love to watch one with an apple snail. Thanks for sharing a great pic.
Awh, Skinny Limpkins (as opposed to Fatty Lumpkins). Lovely!
😍😍😍👍 Wow, I can't express how much I like this one.
🪶 Rob has chosen #Pairs as #BirdOfTheDay theme; photos with pairs of the same species Alternative is #Green, in the background not the bird Another Twofer; a pair of young wrens against a green background. #birdphotography #ECK #birds #birdsofbluesky #naturephotography #ColorADay #GreenSat
Brilliant pair of borbing Wrens and a twofer, too. 👌
Great capture, AB... two adorable youngsters! ✨️
Superb capture AB. 👏👏 It’s blinkin hard to get a photo of one Wren but two is awesome. 👌👌
Goodmorning AB, what a lovely photo again ✨️ Have a fine weekend.
Awe they still have their "Lil baby old grumpy mouths"! I love that!!!
When it comes to cuteness, you. can’t beat a Wren. Lovely capture!
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme chosen by Rob is #Pairs, photos with pairs of the same species in them. The Alt theme is #Green, photos with Green in the backgrounds not on the birds. I’ve got a #twofer today with this pair of Puffins and green in the background 🙂 I hope you have a lovely weekend.
The Sea Thrift complements the Puffins beautifully. Lovely photo.
Beautiful, good way to start the weekend, thank you 😊
This is so excellent, Barrie!
What a great shot. I've never seen a picture of puffins snuggling like that before.
What a LOVELY shot ✨ Thanks for sharing 🥰💕
A Clark’s grebe (left) and western grebe (right) in courtship for the #Pairs theme of #BirdOfTheDay Okay, they’re not the same species, but they think they are, so I hope this fits the theme well enough. Differences between spp in alt text. #birds #nature #photography #ECK
Such a cool pair! Awesome shots!
„She’s so exotic and sexy!“
Beautuful Such a graceful dance & informative, thanks!
What a fantastic series! If they like each other, they can found a new subspecies ☺️
Love this! I hope to see this in person one day
Wow. Such choreography and so beautiful!