Control Resonant patched on launch day to ease difficulty
my thoughts on Control Resonant so far are that it's 1pm and i forgot i have to eat lunch or else i go hungry
my more complicated thoughts is that it's very out of character for them to make an open-world very-2020s videogame. it's very fun to move around and explore but it is also very familiar in a "ive played games like this, which isnt what im used to out of remedy" kind of way.
I think they should fix this. Hunger is clearly a bug.
Aaah! I forgot that was today! *scrambles to go download*
I managed about 3 hours before weird knee cramps from sitting still too long made me stop. Enjoying it so far, even though I miss the oldest house, and I feel a bit overwhelmed with systems. I trust the weirdness will carry me through the pain 🥰
I feel like some of the complaints leveled at Resonant have been a result of people thinking of Control as a tight linear game when it was actually a way more meandering thing with weird diversions and secrets
I think if you’d go back to control you’d probably see that’s a much looser, weirder game than you remember. I know that nominally Resonant is an open world game but it just feels like they built a really big Oldest House.
It's kind of amazing to me that people got that impression, because I basically viewed Control as a sort of Metroidvania right from the jump
the Oldest House is full of very neat little pockets of space that you never have to visit, it's great like that
Real talk, I think Control (and I'm assuming Resonant here, haven't played or seen anything much yet) is what the Dark Souls games and fans like to think of those as, in term of narrative conveyance: sprinkled throughout and made to be found by those who look carefully with a coherent through-line.
I never want to meet the people who bee lined Control. Like why bother.
literally there is a section early on i can still not navigate after like 3 playthroughs, it's that opaque sometimes