Nvidia CEO says he doesn't remember his phone number or ZIP code
It's hilarious that Huang things not knowing his address, zip-code and phone number are a mark of how he is cognitively off-loading to technology and Klein doesn't seem to press him that what he's actually obviously doing is using the fact that he's rich to off-load onto other humans.
Like, this is classic 'aristocrat does not know basic life skills' stuff that has been happening forever, because why would they ever learn to cook or clean or drive a car or any other basic activity if someone else has always and will always do it for them?
off loading is right. it's not that *no one* needs to know their address. *he* doesn't need to know his, because he pays someone else to know it for him.
was quite funny when those articles were floating around about Christopher Nolan not using phone or email as if he was Living Unplugged (TM) and not, you know, a rich A list director who can afford as many assistants as he needs
Old enough to remember when men routinely relied on their secretary to remember their wife's birthday, and her favorite colors, and order the flowers.
Not knowing how the rich live, I'm now wondering if there are employees out there who know these guys' social security numbers.
Klein probably didn’t even clock that as weird. Send this man to Issac chotiner next.
Hat tip to @emexastris.bsky.social for pointing this out, but if you notice, the two people whose knowledge Huang appeals to are, y'know, 1) people and 2) of course women. One is his wife (Lori = Lori Huang) and the other ('Janine') is, I think, Janine Paul who I *think* is his personal assistant?
Women. He offloads these things to women.
Levitin's "The Organized Mind" has a section on cognitive offloading, and a bunch of it can be read as "be rich and hire an assistant"
Few things say "billionaires are so cloistered they are incapable of behaving like normal humans" quite like "I couldn't pump my own gas because I don't know my own ZIP code"
Knowledge of one's address and (parent's) phone number is *literally* a benchmark skill required for kindergarteners. If a grown-ass man told me that he knew less than the average *six year old* about his own life circumstances, I wouldn't trust him to water a houseplant let alone run a company.
I don't know how to pump my own gas because of my own ZIP code (it's in New Jersey).
Canadian here so sorry for asking but....do y'all usually need to give your zipcode to pump gas?
Also, doesn't his story demonstrate that his products *don't* make up for his alarming lack of knowledge ?
Dude is rich enough to own a zip code. Hell he should do that so his address is literally JUST his zip code
I feel like they should be treated more like weirdos - given that they're so far removed from anything resembling a normal human existence, their opinions should perhaps be treated with a pretty hefty amount of skepticism.
This says a lot about billionaire mentality. He doesn't need to know his address or zip code because he has a whole team of secretaries, drivers, maids/butlers, and assistants who DO. Does he really think the average person can just forget stuff like this and it doesn't matter?
well it doesn't matter to him personally, and what matters to him personally is all that matters.
"Does he really think?" is a better space to end that question. But then again, why use brain when can just make computer do?
These dudes are super disconnected from reality. They have made bunkers for themselves because they don't understand how much they rely on others. Like, cool. What happens when one of them needs a specialist but oops! all specialists are dead because they aren't important, unlike tech bros.
Jensen Huang doesn't know his own zip code not because of AI, but because he's so absurdly rich, he's outsourced virtually every daily activity where an address is required (i.e. paperwork, bills, mundane purchases) to administrative staff who barely get paid enough to afford a 1 bedroom apartment.
I def saw the references to "Janine" and "Lori" in the screenshots. *nods*
If you needed an ad for a Wealth Tax, here it is. Tax the Tech Bros enough that they're forced to learn their addresses.
LOL! I was just making this point in another thread and thought it might be a stretch. Thank you for the confirmation that I'm not alone is thinking this. :-D
“I don't know my ZIP code or my phone number” is a special class of rich guy brain
Anyway I feel like if you told Jensen Huang he had to rebuild NVIDIA from scratch in 2026 he wouldn't be able to do it
Once again I'll cite a real estate developer my dad used to do business with. "Michael, why aren't you here yet?" "Steven, we're in the middle of a fucking blizzard. There's a foot of snow outside." "I'm looking outside, there's no snow." "Steven, your penthouse is on the 110th floor."
“You poor slobs can only DREAM of the stupidity that richness can afford!”
Lemme explain why Jensen Huang said he doesn't know his address and thus struggled at a gas pump to use a credit card which required a zip code! If you have multiple homes and a team of assistants, it's *hard* to remember where your credit card statement (and thus zip code) goes to. Oh... u poor?
Sources: Conan O'brien jokes about this all the time on his podcast - his credit card address is his admin's address (most likely his office building). I know a person who once was mad that they bought a condo in Tahoe over the weekend, forgetting they had one already. oops.
I've occasionally had trouble using the wrong zip code, but that's just because my mailbox is in the next zip code over from my residence address :-)
Rich families often have all their bills plus addresses associated with credit cards set to their family offices, and those will have their own addresses.
Bro’s got leather jackets hanging in many elite zip codes