Bird of the Day, theme 'Raptors'
this little 2-footer with an attitude came out of its burrow and side-eyed me like I was lunch. #Raptors #BirdOfTheDay #owls
Fun fact: the owl was looking straight ahead of its face. Owls cannot side-eye because they can't rotate their gigantic eyes within their sockets. That's why they turn their heads all the way around. bsky.app/profile/john...
Like the boss that he is
We call that the "stink eye"👁😊
Depending on which type of dinosaur he is descended from, you once might have been. Something to think about.
He's yelling at you to get off of his lawn!
A fabulous photo, of a wonderful owl. 👌🏼
I tracked the relentless, plaintive call of a young red-tailed hawk and looked up.... #BirdOfTheDay #Raptors #BirdPhotography #Nature #wildlife #Photography
This is a Cooper's Hawk visiting my bird bath while I watered my garden.
Sometimes I hear that raptor screech and see those mimics, the Steller's Jays, rather than a hawk.
Stay on target. Stay on target...
Hopefully it didn't poop on you!!!
Great capture 🤣. The Hawk told me it was contacting its lawyer about the unforgivable butt shot, so watch out for vultures!
Wow! Great shot and great angle!
For today's #BirdOfTheDay theme #Raptors, I have a red-tailed hawk. He was relaxing in the sunshine, on the roof of a coffee shop that I go to. #photography #birds #ECK
Awesome I have one devouring his prey
Aww he's so cute! 🥰
Beautiful. There was one perched on the weathervane of a nearby church, a couple of crows were harassing it, didn't even phase. It was interesting to watch.
Maybe he was waiting for his macchiato latte. No, Red tails are very practical he just wants a cup of black coffee, to go. Great shot!
Lovely detail on the feathers in that photo and I love the contrast of the blue sky with the reddish brown of the hawk Yvonne 🙂
It's not uncommon when traveling on I-5 through Oregon in the early morning or at dusk to see several red-tailed Hawks perched on lamp posts or fence posts surveying a field. It's a wonderful thing to see.
Simon the Sparrowhawk. This guy tried unsuccessfully to grab a Nuthatch while I was sitting watching my log pile in the woods. He landed about four yards away and I couldn't get him all in the frame. #BirdOfTheDay #Raptors #Birds #Widlife #BirdPhotography #ECK
Regardless, great passport photo 🤣
What a great photo, Bill! Lucky you! And thanks for your excellent photographic craftsmanship of course.
Wow, that's a beautiful shot! Still, I'll always be rooting for the nuthatch.
Yup. That means the guy was wrongly framed. = Maybe the guy was just trying to ALERT the nuthatch.
Crash bang wallop what a picture what a photograph !
It's better as you captured him... :)
From @atlanticbirding.bsky.social, today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #Raptors, any bird of prey. So, here's a Great Horned Owl parent leaping out of a nesting cavity, most likely to seek a meal for her youngsters. #birds #owls
Incredible photo, Tim. The colours are perfect.
What a great image. I can't stop staring, I love seeing how well their camouflage actually works. (Also I keep forgetting how fluffy their legs are, and I love reminders.) Thank you for sharing this!
Cozy toes🤎 Great moment capture!
Gorgeous shot! They almost look carved into the tree.
Incredible shot- usually when you get a great look at their camouflage, they're silhouetted. Here you can see how good that camo is! Beautiful shot 😊
Two themes in one image - #Raptors and #Corvids. A fish crow tries to steal the osprey’s fish breakfast. #BirdOfTheDay #EastCoastKin #birds
Great Twofer Lyndy, that’s is a very startled Osprey!!!
Of course a corvid would do this. The most brazen of birds as they know they’re the smartest.
thats the most lifelike muppet Ive ever seen
Biologist at Kennedy Space Center, years ago we had a falcon chase an osprey into the VAB, kill it and eat it. Had I not seen the video I wouldn’t have believed it.
Fantastic capture! I feel like I can hear the osprey gasp in shock 😄
They are called fish crows for a reason! ☺️
A juvenile Cooper’s Hawk outside the dining room window for the #BirdOfTheDay. #raptors #birds 🌿
“Outside” is looking like it’s interested in “inside” 😳
Be careful when you open the doors, you could have a guest! 🤣
Nice capture; that stare is steely!
Got that stare down perfectly Fabulous shot
He looks miffed- what were you eating in the dining room? Not chicken i hope....
“Yeah, uh, hey there… can I borrow a cup of sugar?”