Great British Bake Off returns with Nigella Lawson as judge
If you, like me, love soothing, low-stakes television, then I see your Great British Bake Off and raise you this show where historians work to build a castle using only 13th century methods.
Allow the calm, confident voice of a public television narrator to soothe you to sleep with shockingly minute details about masonry
they have multiple series! Where they live on a farm in multiple eras! The Tudor Monastery era! The Edwardian era! The Victorian Era! Etc! They are my happy place!
We’ve watched every season these lunatics have made and I love them. Ruth in particular has a zeal for indulging in it sadistic cleaning tasks
Ooooh, this trio is my favorite comfort watch!
On this cold, rainy post-Yom Kippur, this sounds absolutely perfect
Endless episodes of Time Team in which *nothing happens* got me through the pandemic.
I hadn’t watched #GBBO for several years, tbh. Somewhere between format-exhaustion and Pru Leith’s politics, it had just lost its shine. So, I am actually quite grateful to @nigella.bsky.social for giving me back a show I used to love. And after one episode, I cannot fathom it without her on it.
Nigella restores the sense that baking is meant to be pleasurable, not an Olympic event with butter. That warmth changes the whole temperature of the tent.
It’s like Grace on Masterchef, you find yourself thinking “why not years ago?” An absolute breath of fresh air.
Leith’s Brexit advocacy was a red flag, despite her assertion that she wasn’t locked to any political stance. The fact that she birthed Danny Kruger is unfortunate, and adds to the miasma of her political fuckery.
Agreed. Only way to top it would be if Mel and Sue were back and it was on the BBC again, then it would be the ultimate version of it.
She’s fantastic isn’t she, so positive and she eats cake properly- a massive forkful
It was a genius decision to put Nigella on that show. She lights up everything she appears in.
I know that Americans have a way of watching Great British Bake Off, but I wonder if Great British Sewing Bee is watchable in the US too. I like that one more because it’s basically the same show but for sewing clothes instead of baking
In recent series they’ve had them make adaptive clothing too (and explained how clothing with adaptations for disabled people are important) and I find that sweet
Not for me but for all interested it's on the Roku channel for free here in the US 👍 Yall have fun lol
This sounds very up my alley! I’ll have to track that down
What do you think they'd rename it if it was imported? Like how Great British Bake Off renamed to Great British Baking Show for trademark purposes
I'll have to recommend my mom!
looks up from stress cross stitching. oh you dont sayyyyy