Communication failure grounds flights at major East Coast airports
All three NYC airports (and PHL) are frozen now, for what the FAA states is "AIRSPACE STERILIZATION TO INITIATE EQUIPMENT RESTART." What an epic mess with zero communication from FAA hours into it.
Listening to ATC chatter and it sounds like whatever the FAA is doing with this "airspace sterilization" requires *all* aircraft to exit the bravo airspace (I think?), even helicopters (I think?). This is absolutely wild. I have no idea if anything like that has happened before.
United re-boarded us for DEN to PHL with a departure time of 11:20 local so they believe, at least, we’re going to be cleared. 🤷♂️
Yup. My flight to Newark was diverted to Syracuse. Here’s a thought, Trump: instead of your Arch of Ego, how about fixing our screwed up transpo infrastructure? www.nytimes.com/2026/09/21/u...
Maybe the Sec. of Transportation can make another infomercial about fixing the infrastructure with his family?
We're stranded in Seattle for 2 days and all I can think about is the money they've spent terrorizing communities, enriching concentration camp investors & making shitty content videos. I guess I'll take Seattle over Syracuse tho. Sorry about that.