Lib Dems unveil £2bn plan to cut fuel duty at conference
What a boring, unenlightened policy. (Declaration of interest: I don’t have a car. But still.) www.theguardian.com/politics/202...
What do we stand for? I'm not sure. When do we want it? Maybe sometime in the future.
A shit, desperately wannabe populist policy.
I do have a car (diesel), drive it 000s of miles a year, and agree with you 100%. Just Davey & the LDs showing their unsurprising lack of seriousness, let alone of policy. Conclusion: there is no party left to support except, perhaps, Binface.
I do have one, and it bores the socks off me.
I have a car, and I don't want this policy.
Though I don’t live in the UK, I’ll add my 2 cents. I do have a car which I use as seldomly as possible. A lifelong environmentalist and strong advocate for public transportation and infrastructure that not only benefits as many people as possible but promotes a just and sustainable future.
I was seeing some hopeful signs inside the Lib Dems that they might be shifting gears earlier this year, but it’s all gone pretty quiet for this conference. Davey seems ascendant and unapologetic about his approach, and not enough people in the party seem to care (enough).
And part of me is fine about that. The country needs a centre right party to offer stability in the face of an unhinged Tory party (and worse). It just isn’t a party I can support and the alternative - a Green Party reinventing itself as a Corbynite personality cult - doesn’t seem much better.
Someone’s briefing press against him. So his days are officially numbered
It’s not policy, and we don’t support it. And when I say “we”, I mean those of us that actually take decisions on transport policy.
I'm told that Davey wouldn't even say on Kuenssberg's show today that refugees aren't a threat.