Documents show EPA let Bayer choose dicamba regulation options
I first wrote about dicamba back in 2017 when most of the coverage was limited to farming publications. And there's something that I think is missed in the Guardian piece that I think it's important to note about why Bayer is doing this.
Specifically, why it so desperately wants to use an herbicide that is known to drift and in the process damage unintended crops. And the reason has to do with glyphosate.
This stuff is terrible, the drifting is awful, and neighbor’s properties are victims.
thank you for making this thread!
Bader Farms, 2020: a jury found Bayer and BASF conspired over that drift. $265m.
Trump’s America: Government of the corporate polluters, by the corporate polluters, for the corporate polluters.
Ah, our Environmental Prevention Agency — the aptest label for the malevolence wearing the EPA’s name as a skin suit — is at it again.
The notion of MAHA people is that they’re supposed to be against shit like this. But, in reality, they oppose safe and effective medicine. That’s what animates them. We’re too casual about these sick menaces.