Gerrit Graham dies at 77, star of Phantom of the Paradise
In honor of Gerrit Graham's passing, I'm going to rewatch my favorite episode of Star Trek: Voyager.
RIP, Gerrit Graham. My sister and I watched him in "Used Cars" approximately a bajillion times growing up. I can't find a YouTube clip of his funniest scene, involving Jeff's intense superstition, but his turn as Marshall Lucky in a fake ad is pretty great, too.
Gerrit Graham gave one of the all-time great comic performances in “Phantom of the Paradise”. Vaya con dios, sir.
Why don’t any of the obits in listing his television credits state that he was a cast member of the CBS series Now and Again (1999) - the one where John Goodman is killed by a subway and his brain in then implanted in a super human Eric Close?
Is it when he realizes he's driving a red car? youtu.be/zbaI3kCZzq0?...
Loved that movie as a kid! Not to mention a cameo with Michael McKean and David Lander.
the part where he shoots High Prices and he slides down the hood **killed** me for years thanks, cable TV!
The whole grift with the dog Toby to sell a car is pretty great as well.
RIP Gerrit Graham. This is still one of the most impressive stunts I've ever seen a lead actor perform in a movie, with no way to fake it in the pre-CGI era. Also fantastically funny as the voice of Jay's demented adoptive dad on The Critic. He will be dearly missed. www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2iT...
"Son, if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...who are all you people?" - Nilknarf
I remember Patton Oswalt mentioned this scene on an episode of “Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend”, and yeah, he was not joking around about how he could’ve easily been injured or worse 😅🚗😖 youtu.be/761UOGrgeYQ?...
@wesmoodykc.bsky.social have you seen this film?!?