Duncan Sheik dies at 56
Deeply saddened to hear Duncan Sheik, songwriter of the 90's turned Broadway composer, passed away at 56. I loved working on songs from his musical "Spring Awakening" when I was a music director. His song "Barely Breathing" was everywhere when I was a kid. Here it is in tribute to a great artist.
I'm so sorry Mr. Sheik has died. So many artists have died young. Thank you for a wonderful tribute.
Very nice tribute after such sad news💜🥹
Wow! You did such a great job with that one. Perfect tribute!!🤩😘
Awesome. You inspired me to sing this tonight with a small band at the local
Gone way too young Your musical tribute is the perfect remembrance.
So hard to lose people who inspire us even if we didn't personally know them. 😞
Tony Award winner Duncan Sheik, who composed the Broadway musical Spring Awakening and sang the 1996 hit “Barely Breathing,” has died at age 56. www.pastemagazine.com/music/duncan...
The first time I saw Duncan Sheik live was a very long time ago at Six Flags over Georgia. Yes, Six Flags. He wasn't big yet, and he was opening for an act I had no interest in. But my sister and I drove from near-Nashville just to see him play a short set. (cont)
Hey, 2026. You can stop now.