Skip to content

Robert Kraft to match Ed Sheeran’s $2M Gaza donation

sportsSep 17, 20269727,830

Ed Sheeran pledged 2 million dollars for Gaza aid and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said he will match that 2 million, expanding on Macklemore’s earlier 1 million donation and challenge. Kraft posted a statement on the Gillette Stadium X account saying, "Ed called me and asked" and declaring "All lives are worth protecting." Variety and other outlets report the three gifts would total 5 million dollars for relief but note it is unclear which organizations or recipients will receive the funds. Kraft and Sheeran framed their donations as responses to Macklemore’s public pledge; no specific distribution plan or named charities have been disclosed.

Lisa Guerrero
@lisaguerrero.bsky.social

Not only did I meet Robert Kraft, I worked for him. His kid Jonathan asked me to “remove the black music” from my gameday playlist in ‘94 & I refused so they fired me. I was the cheerleader director at the time.  I sued them for wrongful termination and won. So yes, I know that motherfucker. 

2220323d ago
Lavonne
@loveon9.bsky.social

"The way Robert Kraft collaborated with other NFL owners to get Macklemore kicked off of Ed Sheeran's tour speaks to why Colin Kaepernick was never given another shot after taking a knee for racial justice. Many teams could have brought him in when needed. Instead..." substack.com/@extremeartu...

291822d ago
The Tennessee Holler
@thetnholler.bsky.social

The dam is breaking. Ed Sheeran & Robert Kraft have unintentionally opened the door to more and more artists speaking up in solidarity with Palestinians by standing with @macklemore. theintercept.com/2026/09/16/e...

104723d ago
Slurms MacKenzie
@slurmsmackenzie.bsky.social

"This article was updated to clarify that there is no verifiable evidence Robert Kraft and Ed Sheeran have donated or committed to donate to aid in Gaza or Palestine. Mr Kraft said Ed Sheeran asked him to commit $2 million to "aid in the region" and did not make clear whether he agreed."

13722d ago
3 sources