U.S. Confirms It Has Deployed Weapons in Space
It's not coming. It's here. The space war is on. Yes, more than Nazi space uniforms with white boots. And Pete Hogsex wants AI to run Wars without human intervention. What could go wrong?
Super intelligence is not a tool It is an adversary. Full stop. Nuclear weapons can’t deploy themselves but, Super Intelligence could We must ban the development of AI super intelligence internationally ControlAI.org for more information
Just add this to list of things that will most likely kill us all within a few years (if that). It's basically a race to the finish: climate change, AI going rogue, a global pandemic, nuclear war, and the latest contender, space wars. I think I'll go ahead and eat that bacon cheeseburger now...
this is the WORST idea from an administration full of bad ideas. and we'll have to endure another hype cycle for the venture capitalists, who, like this admin do not give af about the people.
I'm old enough to remember when the wall came down and Soviet Union dissolved. Some of naively thought it was "swords into ploughshares" time. But there's always something else that comes along, takes the dough, keeps most people—in the world—right up against it. Now? AI arms race, a new space race.
🙀 Why would Trump do this to his Russian, Chinese, and North Korean allies? 🤡 Don Jr's wedding was paid for by Putin Bros, so it's time to dance. 🐸
Those of us, who keep our mouths shut when we don't know, have a great deal to say. drwhy.net A theory is an explanation of what causes what and why. Most of the media focuses on the alternative explanations that authorities manufacture to maintain their agenda.
I had to go look at the Doomsday clock after I read this. I'm not sure it's been updated with the latest... Human extinction from AI and AI warfare in space without human intervention.
The 1980s movie "War Games" features a computer that is given control of America's nuclear weapons. One of the weaknesses of the premise used to be that no president would be dumb enough to approve that.
I just want to remind folks that less than a year ago they told you the “sunlight beam” was for “practical” uses and I told you it was a weapon
When it comes to this Administration( Regime) they never seem to run out of exceptionally bad ideas. That said, this has to be somewhere near the top of that list.
May StarLink be its first victim.
WHERE THE FUCK IS KLAATU?
What could go wrong indeed!
it's actually going to be some fucking idiot like trump or hegseth who wipe out humanity bc they don't know what their doing with AI
A lot can go wrong. And it can happen very quickly www.pbs.org/newshour/sho...
Europe, NATO, Russia, Canada, weapons in space... Quite a Tuesday. I spent today figuring out what actually changed, why it matters and what to watch tomorrow. Tonight’s The Daily takes about 6 minutes. Following the news shouldn’t be your second job. That’s mine.
We still have oxygen, I think. That's good news 😂
This does not sound good for Europe. I hope that behind the carefully measured statements, there are realists preparing for a quickly approaching day when Trump pulls the plug on them. I have no confidence that a GOP-controlled Congress will ever break with Trump, no matter his insane actions.
Warning of space arms race as US confirms weapons in Earth's orbit. 🔭 🧪 www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/...
Weapons in orbit but no food or water on the ground. Got it
*US confirms weapons it put in orbit 30 years ago.
Welcome to the human extinction event. US weapons in space will result in: - Russia and China retaliating - Kessler cascade - Inability to escape from extinction level asteroid or runaway climate
"The US has deployed weapons in space, the US military has confirmed, in an extraordinary public announcement that analysts warn will accelerate a high-risk arms race with Russia and China in Earth’s orbit." www.theguardian.com/science/2026...
What we really need in these tumultuous times is something that destabilizes relations among great powers 😂
I wrote several years ago, based on documents FOIA'ed out of NASA that the U.S. wanted to weaponize space, mostly as a means of protecting greedy industries that were itching to cannibalize Earth's orbit.