Mitch McConnell expected to return to Senate this week
So Mitch McConnell was supposedly making his triumphant return to the US Senate today, but he never showed up?
He's fashionably late. They call him the Late Mitch McConnell.
Maybe he called in dead.
He did. I took a photo of him. He was reluctant to be photographed.
Ol' Mitch is working from home today...
Mitch McConnell is making his way to the Senate as we speak.
Why is there always an "anything goes" policy for reps, but a "hold their feet to the fire" rule for dems? Am I the only one who's noticed? I just don't get it. 🤷♀️😉
Every time something has come out about McConnell - going back months - my husband says “cuz he’s dead”. I guess time will tell what his medical situation really was all this time.
The Muppeteers didn't show up with the hearse for the season I guess lol
Mitch McConnell is dead. Prove me wrong!!
Bringing new meaning to the term "ghosted"
He never showed up because he's dead.
Still dead (or on a ventilator in some limbo between life or death)?
When Dianne Feinstein briefly returned to the Senate in 2023, she was unable to answer basic questions and needed significant assistance to cast key votes. Her staff physically shielded her from reporters. I expect McConnell's staff will do the same, despite it being obvious that he can't do his job
if history repeats itself, GOP leaders will realize they can't compel McConnell to resign and that his staff is going to (barely) cover up his poor health to keep their own jobs. So then those leaders will invent procedural reasons for why McConnell must stick around www.nytimes.com/2023/05/24/u...
they’re gonna put him in the beeping chair like Captain Pike
I still think he's dead
"Expected" is doing a lot of work in that Politico headline.
Mitch McConnell rolling up to vote...
Nah, they found a top taxidermist.
How exciting that he’ll be returning to work the same week the Iran war ends. Two things we can definitely count on, probably by Wednesday at the latest if I’m a betting man.
They may be too busy keeping the flies off him, TBH.
It’s after 3pm in Washington DC. The Senate is in session. No Mitch McConnell.
one thing i never get with the gerontocracy is why none of them want to retire, live off the teet of their federal pensions, maybe write a book or do a speaking tour to make a few mill, and just like...chill out a bit? is the power really that intoxicating?
It was ghoulish when they did it to Feinstein, but at least she was visibly alive while being exploited.
We need age limits and term limits in government. No more old Presidents also. Our government is like an old folks home. It's disgusting.
mitch mcconnell is expected to return next week and i expect news of him having another "medical emergency" this week
i do not really care what is going on or not with his health i just don't want to have to follow through with my promise ok
preview of mitch mcconnell when they bring him in next week
100% he's going to pass suddenly in his sleep sometime this week.
I thought it was today
live footage of him returning
I thought he was supposed to return today.
MIA Mitch McConnell set to return to the Senate next week. Mitch will need a large entourage to get him there. Me, holding my breath.
Has anyone really seen or talked to this person of interest been missing for two months and not heard from but is doing proxy votes.
Report him to the FBI! OH wait! Kash Patel could not find his own head with both eyes wide open.
Large entourage, with headlights on, driving very slowly.
Usually only 6 pallbearers are used for a coffin. 🤔
I am 100% sure that if Mitch McConnell were still here with us he would approve of wheeling his empty husk onto the Senate floor as many times as necessary to produce a procedural advantage for the Republicans. He might have even explicitly included it in his end of life instructions.
i'm very tired and all i can think of is > you have thirty minutes to move your husk > you have ten minutes > your husk has been impounded > your husk has been crushed into a cube > you have thirty minutes to move your cube
Whoever is calling the shots seems to be seriously underrating the risk of the kids making him the next Kirk meme heading into the midterms.
Vastly less deceptive photos WaPo could have used to illustrate its empty-of-news article about Mitch McConnell -- rather than one showing him conscious: A shrine of sorts in his office, his closed office door, newspapers outside his residence. (via Getty Images)
I guess there’s no surprise that Mitch McConnell was supposed to return to work today, but he’s a “NO SHOW“. 🤷♂️🔄
Mitch McConnell finally pulled off his greatest legislative achievement: obstructing his own attendance at work after decades of showing up only to block healthcare and sell your future to billionaires.
Perhaps the taxidermist wasn't done with him.
Has anyone checked the Pet Cemetery...
At this point, I don't think I want to see him. I've never seen a ghost and would just as soon keep it that way. 😨
He's got movies to watch but he's fallen and he can't get up
It’s gonna be so funny when McConnell walks in that bitch looking healthy, spry, and ready to get to work for the American People thehill.com/homenews/sen...
backflipping down the capitol halls like joliet jake in church in "the blues brothers"
I hope they roll him in like Hannibal Lecter
Being in congress allows these people free access to a quality of necromancy that regular Americans could never hope to afford, it's disgusting
No it will not and let me explain why
Let’s make America great again 🤝
I wanna see him Willy Wonka his way into the chamber, then do a lap catching high-fives.
They say McConnell is expected to return to Senate this week. This is the first time in US political history that I've had to wonder how long it takes to find a convincing lookalike.
what if it was just Paul McCartney
dude's gonna show up to the Senate looking like the first time they had to recast the Master
I'll refer you to the end of Tom Sharpe's "The Throwback", with its animatronic taxidermied corpse. (Bonus points to anyone who hacks the theoretical Wi-Fi link and has the deceased denounce ICE in public.)
Ok, so either they announce his "death after a long illness that kept him from his office the past XX months" or they keep claiming that reporters "just missed him" or he is "busy".