World of Warcraft: Forever announced, launches November 4
World of Warcraft: Forever seems like a very, very strange thing to launch, especially alongside Classic. Very weird new take on a forever-MMO, I'm interested to see how it goes
oh god, what is this now
To me, it feels like they're specifically targeting people who played Classic WoW for a few weeks and then quit, and they're trying to keep them. When Classic launched, it was absolutely enormous, and while it stayed popular, there was definitely a big drop-off a few months in.
I'm scratching my head at a lot of Blizzard's announcements this year. It feels like a lot 'em so far range from "huh. curious" to "hey, it feels like you maybe could've waited to announce a few of these when the game isn't half a decade away" (a few are both at the same time)
i mean this with full respect to the people working on both games: someone at blizzard finally realized they could just wholesale copy the proven and successful OSRS strategy of "look, it's the game you like but we're also adding new content in an old style
I haven't seen the wow forever announcement, but people have been asking for an osrs style wow classic+ thing for forever now. I was mildly disappointed when they announced tbc classic. I don't plan on paying for blizzard products again, but hey good for everyone else lol.
it's so strange; i feel like it's trying to do the OSRS thing without actually understanding why that game is beloved?
it's gonna be a bit silly that Horde already have extra class combos and get even 2 more (undead/darkspear paladin) while alliance get 1 more (nelf paladin). nice that they're added regardless but unless i'm missing something uhhhhh #blizzcon
I see why they bring more Pala Combos with Eclipse. It makes sense. It just shows, that the lack of Druid Combos never was about "Oppertunity". That was wenn we were in the Emerald Dream. I call it lazy.
Wait have they actually added Nelf paladins in there?.. and will they come to retail?
i went and counted all the races that still wont have paladins. 13 races. thats 13 races that still dont have paladins and most of them are alliance or a neutral race.
Gonna be upset about no nelf shaman forever loooooool
I know you're talking about forever, but nightelf paladin in forever and NOT in Modern trips my "this is now bad" alarm... IF that holds.
"World of warcraft forever" feels like an actionable threat and im not ok with it
"If you want to imagine the future, imagine someone playing World of Warcraft: Forever."
"Azeroth beckons us back. To home , to adventure, forever" Genuinely my first thought "If that's not INTENTIONALLY sinister as part of some new questline it's a WEIRDLY threatening choice of marketing"