Elephant Graveyard drops new 90-minute video
made the mistake of putting on that elephant graveyard youtube then falling back asleep and had some of the most unpleasant half-awake nightmares of my life
One time I fell asleep, listening to ASMR glow with my YouTube auto play going, and I woke up out of a deep sleep because the algorithm had taken me to a conservative Christian ASMR that was reading revelations.
You dreamed you were falling into the dad-shaped hole in the soul of every conservative comedian.
lmao last night I was having real weird dreams and when i woke up I figured out what the constant "notification sound" i was getting in my dreams was : it was the god damn pikmin noise from a youtube video
"that elephant graveyard youtube" me, nodding: youtu.be/kS8RB9TzfJc?...
Literally the same thing happened to me last night
Peter Thiel is coming for you with Bert Kreisher's stomach.
I have major respect for the video essays from The Elephant Graveyard, who has a unique and surgically precise approach to dismantling these unfunny hacks, fascist cheerleaders who can dish it out but can’t take it. Newest episode just dropped, well worth your time www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9p...
It’s nice to know that Rogan, Hinchcliffe etc know all about Elephant Graveyard’s work and have nothing to say for themselves beyond being mad that their haters have organized minds and compelling arguments why they suck and are actively harmful
They are an incredible artist. Really gets you thankin
The narrative work is great, but I'm struck by how incisive they can be with the simplest of presentation, too. The bit where they just play Rogan nodding along with Thiel or someone saying something odious and commenting "yeah" in time with Joe is funny but so damning too.
Framing Peter Thiel as the new Epstein (and backing it up fairly strongly) needs to blow the fuck up in mainstream
The comedic timing on some of his edits and verbal inserts are funnier than anything from Rogan in years. I was simply not prepared for how deep this would go, I was absolutely shocked by the end.
This dude is absolutely living in their heads. The intro of this one killed me. Incredible work from a Canadian hero
I'm so impressed that the anonymous Elephant Graveyard managed to both do the dance people paid to see, while also making a video lamenting the fact that he has to do it at all. this might be his best yet. www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9p...
just finished it myself and yeah it felt like a really solid angle on everything. I can't get over his editing, it feels like if you stretched a Vic Berger bit to over an hour long and made it really melancholy
Got out of work, saw there was a new Elephant Graveyard, and organized my night around it. No regrets.
Love the tangent into Rick Beato hate in that new Elephant Graveyard video
(extreme Pat Finnerty voice) Beato
see i wasn't going to watch it because i was like, what could they possibly say in this one that hasn't been covered already, but the allure of rick beato hate is too strong
I was like "whoa, Beato catching strays??? ...hmm Beato catching strays..."
Every time I see that guy I think it's a bizarro-world Michael Imperioli
I appreciated that it wasn’t the standard “angry old man doesn’t get new music” complaint but the novel “guy who complains about machine-created music is The Algorithm’s bitch”
Me, who doesn't understand why one would watch aggressively long YT essays, watching the new 83 min YT video from Elephant Graveyard
mine are usually like an hour tops, and I'm charming as heck fwiw
I'd wholeheartedly also recommend the 4-hr treatise on the Star Wars Hotel. How could it be worth it?! And yet.
I missed that video on my subscriptions page! Thank you!
I also enthusiastically recommend the videos from hbomberguy about fallout new Vegas, Bloodborne & pathologic