How one woman’s Tesla was remotely controlled and used to harass her
So scary. Convicted of 30 #DV charges including #CoerciveControl, disgraced businessman “Enrico Pucci was able to control his former partner’s electric car remotely, controlling its speed, temperature settings and lock. “ Imagine what that would be like 😭😳! www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...
Another good reason not to buy one
If you're a woman and you're concerned this could happen to you, buy a shitbox with no tech in and make friends with the scary-looking guy with 47 old motorbikes, a rusty smiley-face Ford Transit recovery truck, and six Landrovers in various states of repair outside his house. I think you know why.
I’m surprised Musk hasn’t made this a subscription only option.
The victim granted the abuser access to the account. He then used that access to harass her. "In November 2025, a month after the relationship had ended, Pucci used Stacey’s Tesla car app to harass her, which fell under a charge of using a carriage service to stalk or harass."
I've been predicting this kind of stuff for a while. Somebody else driving your car remotely. They hack your house and set your thermostat to off in the winter or 110F (4?C). The hack your refrigerator and turn it off. Isn't technology wonderful.
No thanks, I won’t be imagining that. “Coercive control” is pretty much the real world version of “evil”. Tesla stock can continue to fuck all of the way off.
“The accused has been the only one with access to the vehicle’s controls utilising the Tesla app. This has caused the victim significant stress, mental harm and fears for her physical safety when operating her own vehicle.” /1
/2 Over the coming days, Stacey found that the parental control profile, to which she had no access, could almost entirely control the car, including its speed, climate control, lock and curfew hours, determining when the car could be driven.
Its funny, when I said this kind of thing would happen back when they first launched these trash cars, everyone said I was crazy.