First Teaser for Alex Gibney's Elon Musk Documentary Debuts
I'm really looking forward to this. One thing that makes Gibney uniquely perfect to direct this is that in GOING CLEAR he's already navigated making a critical documentary about the only entity on earth that's even more aggressively litigious than Musk
At this point I don't think Scientology is more aggressively litigious than Musk. Scientology has never, for example, sued for the right to make and distribute child pornography while also going after its critics. It just goes after its critics.
Has Musk done preemptive spin on it?
Can't wait, and hope it causes Musk to flip out
I watched "Going Clear" when it first came out with my neighbors. We smoked a little weed (do not recommend) and when it was all over, I literally felt as tripped out by how INSANE the story was, that it was like when I used to do LSD occasionally back in college. It fried my brain.
So many dismissed lawsuits incoming
I have a lot of hope that this documentary will do the work of exposing Musk, which Democrats won't.
As someone working on my own documentary connecting Musk to the larger attack on democracy over the last 60 years, which he appropriated in the same way he did EVs & space, I hope Gibney makes even that ambition irrelevant. I'm doing it because I thought no one else would. stopthetrillionaires.com
A cartoon version of all the ludicrous promises Musk has made over the years: www.patreon.com/noneofthisis...
“Hi I’m Alex Gibney and I have a 4 hour documentary for HBO about Musk” “Hi I’m Luca Guadagnino and I made a movie about Sam Altman that Amazon refused to release” “Hi I’m Nathan Fielder and I have a surprise 3 hour documentary about Elizabeth Holmes next month” (all eyes turn to Aaron Sorkin) “Hi”
The best—and most important—documentary of 2026. Gibney’s excellent film covers a lot of ground in its extraordinary story, although we don’t get to hear about the mysterious process that changed a balding youngster into a follicularly unchallenged mature man. Musk is a uniquely disquieting baseball
capped figure, grinning and giggling and smirking on a thousand sycophantic podcasts like a modern, hyper-evolved version of Anthony Trollope’s wealthy charlatan Augustus Melmotte in The Way We Live Now. But given Musk’s boyish love of space travel and sci-fi, Gibney wittily compares him to the hero
Was the Faustian bargain Hell toupee?
the same people who are like ermmmm why are we platforming elizabeth holmes are 100% going to watch that boring ass alex gibney elon musk documentary
if it presents me with easily digestible information that i can take a clear moral side on by someone who makes documentaries off an assembly line…that’s good but if it lets me sit with feelings of discomfort and confront things i’d rather not without providing easy answers…guess what, that’s bad!
Me, who's going to watch both solely because I love Fielder and Gibney.
and the rupert murdoch-approved rupert murdoch movie
i’m on my way to see it now 🙂