US Police Raise Concerns Over Meta Smart Glasses' Recording
🚨US police fear Meta smart glasses could be used to secretly record them All I have to say is - if they aren’t doing anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about. Isn't that what they tell the public...
This is most certainly not an endorsement of them. Horrible products made by an even worse company.
In my youth, police were seen as public servants to be trusted and to help I no longer trust the military police in America Every encounter with a police officer today needs to be recorded for your safety
This is the best advertisement Meta ever had.
Police find joy in harming and killing their own tax paying constituents...and getting away with it, on your tax dollars. Your oppression is their profession.
Sounds more like a Meta marketing campaign. The police have body cams- granted they're not always on- and observers already have cameras and video.
As far as I know it's not illegal to secretly record the police. Someone help me out here am I wrong? I was gonna say ICE thinks it's illegal but they don't really think do they?
I have complicated feelings about this, cause I want both the police and the glasses to lose whatever is going on here, and I don’t think they can both lose.
ICE have been pictured using them. Sucks doesn't it?
Isn't it ironic? Don't you think
So the same people happy to illegally access Flock camera databases to spy on people (especially current and ex spouses and girlfriends) and are sometimes "eager" to tell people they can legally record them because they are also recording them are concerned with being recorded secretly. Shocking.🤦
Why worry about trans people in bathrooms, when these exist?
FUCK! I hate these things, but I will concede this is a great use for them.
The first good use of these glasses I’ve seen.
SCOTUS already ruled that police can be recorded doing their work
Lol, nice try meta.. Pevert glasses will always be pervert glasses
Resistance to #Meta #smartglasses is increasing around the world: cybernews.com/tech/hamburg... cybernews.com/tech/offende... (Love how they put a pic of “#Epstein File Mark” in the article) Part 1/2 #News
2/2 cybernews.com/ai-news/meta... It's interesting to see how these corps don't really care about or put significant effort into helping people with disabilities (or anybody), while using them for #PR whenever they get a chance. about.fb.com/news/2026/06... (June, AFTER all the #privacy scandals)
Why not ban Smart glasses for everyone???!!!
Everyone wearing those glasses is a sexoffender.
nope not a fan. so wouldn't be wearing one anyways. it overpaid smart device and not worth that price.
How do you enforce that without banning them outright?
You're allowed to feel what you feel.
More likely recording them doing illegal activities. Cops are not the good guys. They protect rich people and property.
As the police would say “If you’re not doing anything illegal you’ve nothing to worry about.”
Anything visible to the public is permissible to record from public or your own private property. The “threat” of Meta Glasses is recording private areas. Anything public employees (police, politicians, etc.) do in the line of duty should be recorded.