Bird of the Day, theme 'Pigeons' (alt 'SittingOnWater')
The #birdoftheday today is #inflight. Immature Bald Eagle #Maryland #birding #birds #birdphotography #NaturePhotography #naturelovers #photographers #birdwatching #Bird
Omg they take my breath away.
This is absolutely astonishing. So beautiful.
2 days ago, in my yard.
That Is A Bald Eagle & I'm A Republican
For those unfamiliar, they are not born with the white feathers on the head, those come in at about 5 years old.
Since we can't see the talons, at least we can admire the beak. And somehow "beak" seems insufficient. A cardinal has a beak. A pigeon has a beak. This young eagle has so much more. Nice shot - thanks!
Today's #BirdOfTheDay is #pigeons! 🪶 So here's Smore, and you can see all the other photos, plus more, on the #pigeonSky feed today: bsky.app/profile/did:...
One of the joys of my life is feeding pigeons from my hands. ❤️
Pigeons are absolutely gorgeous birds. I don't get why so many hate them. I suspect because they're city dwellers so they're perceived as 'dirty.' I love them.
This one moved in with me
I've never seen one like this before. Beautiful.
Rob has said today’s: “ #BirdOfTheDay themes are a simple pair today with #Pigeons, any Pigeon will do, and the Alt theme is #SittingOnWater, any bird/duck/goose/swan sitting on water.” #birds #photography #Stunday #ECK
A pair of gannets scouting. New Zealand. #birdoftheday #gannet #newzealand #pentax_us #birdoftheday
Ohh that is a gorgeous pigeon with this amazing eye and in that light Alan ✨️🤗😘
So iridescent. I can imagine all that bowing and cooing 😂 Hope you had a nice day, Alan
That's a lovely shot, Alan.
What a beauty 🥰🥰 Great shot, Alan 👏👏
Such a beautiful pigeon! Fabulous shot!
Good morning, Bluesky 🦋 Happy Sunday ☕️✨🎶 A wood pigeon joining in with today’s #BirdOfTheDay 🐦🌿 Today’s themes are #Pigeons any pigeon will do or #SittingOnWater for any bird, duck, goose or swan sitting on water Enjoy your day 🌳💛🍂🫶
A Puffin in reply, happy Sunday.
Hello Jules, that is lovely photo and wonderful pigeon✨️ Have a fine Sunday dear lady ✨️🌻😘
Fabulous shot Good on you
That’s a very proud pigeon 😊 I hope your day has been lovely ☀️🩵✌️
A lovely pigeon! It looks quite happy posing for you. Have a wonderful day. 🤍🕊️🌿
Good morning, JB 😊 I rarely see any pigeons around here, maybe hiding under an overpass and scattering when cycling. I hope you are having a lovely day! 🥰🤗😘
Pacific Emerald Dove for #pigeons #birdoftheday #birds #Australia
Wearing a little emerald colored cape
Australia be like: what if a pigeon but parakeet
Oh my word, what a beautiful bird! I never knew there were doves/pigeons in such exotic colours, so lovely to see. Thanks again for sharing your adventures with us Mike 👍🙏
Black-naped fruit-dove, native to The Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia, for #BirdOfTheDay #Pigeons #eck 📷🌿🪶
When I was a kid in The Philippines, I once found a fruit-dove with an injured wing and kept it in a potted tree on our deck for about a week till it flew away. I've never been able to find a bird that matches it exactly, in a book or online, although there are many species of green fruit-doves.
What a gorgeous birb, HL! 😍
Lovely shot of a gorgeous bird, Heather.
Beautiful HLK 💚 not seen this one before. Love the story from your childhood, do you still have your drawing?
So pretty! I wish we had some pigeons like that.
Wow, that's quite the pigeon! Never seen one before!
For #BirdOfTheDay alt theme #SittingOnWater, a Clark's Grebe stretching a leg while sitting on water, showing off its foot.
@aintright.bsky.social Ducks & grebes not v closely related, despite similarities. Ducks represented by the cockerel near right edge; grebes, immediately to the left of that, sister to flamingoes. Tree from Jarvis et al 2014, via my blog post: sciencepolice2010.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/b...
Well. If I had such fancy feet I'd show them off too! I've only ever seen a pied-billed grebe, they're small & adorable but not super showy. Terrific photo. 🩵
Dinosaurs are so weird. :)
give em the ol razzle dazzle~
Great shot, love that foot!
Great shot! They have such cool feet!😂